Note: “Wintel based” refer to Windows Server Operating Systems interchangeably.
• This role will be responsible for the day to day support of all Wintel based Servers within the client environment, performing troubleshooting and resolving incidents.
• Work with 3rd party vendors, subcontractors and support teams to effectively support the environment and achieve SLAs.
• Maintain service availability
• Create and maintain relevant server support documentation.
• Provide input into change control, project planning and BC/DR activities.
• Perform general Wintel and VMware support duties and schedule maintenance tasks as required.
• Adhere to change control – create and implement changes as required to maintain the environment and ensure stability of the Windows Server environment and relevant supported services.
• Assist with projects as required. Some project may require after hour work.
• 5+ years of overall experience with Wintel based server support within server environments exceeding 500 servers.
• Advanced troubleshooting skills – application/service, OS and hardware
• Intermediate scripting skills (Powershell, VBS, Ansible)
• Intermediate automation skills (ansible, puppet, chef, salt)
• Good understanding of SAN
• Advanced experience in converged infrastructure administrations
• Ability to accurately perform RCA on resolved incidents and problems
• Be able to successfully demonstrate proficiency in at least 90% of Technical knowledge requirements and be able to perform 100% of Key responsibilities.
• Ability to increase proficiency to 95% within 12 months with some guidance from senior team members.
• Ability to mentor Junior team members.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent.
• Relevant Windows Administration experience
• Microsoft and/or VMware certification is a plus
• ITIL Foundation Certificate v3 or v4 is a plus