To support the Weir Minerals business through the effective development, maximization and maintenance of relationships with FMG customers of GEHO at the Iron Bridge , Christmas Creek and Solomon’s sites and head office in Perth City.
Key Responsibilities and Specific Accountabilities
- Developing, maintaining and maximising relationships with our customers of GEHO® with regard to the FMG and Glencore group
- Assist in preventing competitors from establishing a long term presence in GEHO’s® core business at the above mentioned sites.
- Initiating, managing and maintaining service agreements with FMG and Glencore group . Assist End User Sales Division in implementing service agreements into the Australian market
- Provide up to date technical information to clients, ensure that all clients are aware of our technical advancements.
- Follow up of customer requests and complaints until full resolution
- Providing technical recommendations and support to customers backed by our WMNL based Aftermarket Team
- Assist customers with any troubleshooting of equipment and service problems were required
- Identifying and promoting new business opportunities to profitably grow the business in the Area.
- Track prospects for products and gather market intelligence, including Customer Feedback
Reporting, Documentation, Budgeting and Forecasting
- Implement and report on product trials aimed at improving wear life of pumps
- Composition and management of aftermarket sales budgets in consultation with the Regional GEHO® Product Manager
- Forecast of spares usage by customer in specified region to allow WMNL to forecast manufacture load.
- Develop Quarterly Reports that measure performance against objectives, provide details of significant market issues (customer and competitor).
- Prepare Site Visit Reports following customer visits
- Ensure that there is sufficient stock held in Australia to meet market demand.
- Assist the needs of clients in your region.
- Work with WMNL to forecast bearings and major wear parts for Australian Region Sites
Internal Department and Agent Liaison
- Provide feedback to End User Sales to the needs in service and support of the end users in the specific region.
- Build relationships with WMA, resellers and agents and work with them to improve the joint service to the customer
Occupational Health Safety and Environment
- You are responsible for ensuring that you operate on a day to day basis in a way that complies and promotes with the company’s policy and procedure and within the WMA Safety standards.
Job knowledge / Other requirements
- Good Organisational skills
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Sound organisational, people and time management skills
- A committed and proactive attitude towards Environment, Health and Safety
- A strong commitment to improved on time delivery
- Qualifications in industrial or manufacturing engineering are desired, although relevant skills/experience in an appropriate field will be considered
Weir Minerals Australia, 1 Marden Street, Artarmon NSW 2064 Australia.