The Team Manager will be responsible for the co-ordination, leadership and operations of the Seller Support Teams in our Cork site. This position requires a candidate who has the ability to drive quality, productivity, and process improvements and keep pace with our growth whilst motivating others to meet the challenges of an extremely dynamic customer-focused and metrics driven environment.
The ideal candidate actively seeks to understand Amazon core business values and initiatives, and translate those into everyday practices. They will be comfortable in a fast-paced, multi-tasked, high-energy environment and will display creative and analytical problem solving skills with an unrelenting passion for excellent service to our Sellers. They will have a strong commitment to employee development (including an emphasis on selection and retention), as well as an exceptional level of dedication, motivation and intelligence. Strong communication skills as well as a strong technical and analytical aptitude.
Key responsibilities include:
· To manage the performance of the team, developing and improving performance by coaching and counselling sessions to ensure metrics and quality targets are achieved.
· Recognising and rewarding the contribution of team members in a timely manner so that they are motivated and encouraged towards delivering excellence.
· To ensure that performance management standards are met and that issues of underachievement or poor performance are addressed and documented in keeping with the company guidelines.
· To provide great leadership on a day to day basis, supporting Senior Stakeholders, so that team members have a role model and a colleague to provide guidance towards continuous improvement.
· Demonstrated ability to put team priorities into a larger business context and make difficult tradeoffs caused by new or changed business goals and/or resource reductions.
· The ability to interpret reporting and analysis to drive operational and seller solutions.
· To provide additional support to Senior Stakeholders including briefing sessions and report analysis as necessary.
· Ensure all operations functions are adequately covered at all times. Prepare relevant hand-overs during periods of absence.
· To identify training needs and work with the Training Department in order to ensure delivery of regular, on-going training sessions.
· To maintain team headcount and when necessary interview new Associates using the company approved competency based interview format.
· To effectively manage sick absence, lateness and attrition by using and following set company guidelines and procedures.
· Proactively seek process improvements, implement Kaizen initiatives and identify and implement projects to improve business practices.
· Create and implement best practices, policies and guidelines.
· To ensure that team performance reports are completed and distributed to relevant parties.
· To handle and solve escalations and complaints as necessary and within the set company timescales.
· To understand and analyze the departmental budget and ensure that team costs are managed and that the budget is maintained and on target.
· To attend performance review sessions with the Senior Stakeholders and peers to present and discuss performance of the team.