About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
- Responsible for planning and directing an organization's strategic and long-range goals. Conducts organizational reviews to identify strengths and weaknesses and to evaluate operational effectiveness. Makes recommendations based on emerging trends, expansion opportunities, competitive threats, viability of outside business partners, and internal business process improvement.
- Regular BAU targets are met and delivered as per the plan. Ensure all the application stability is maintained and services are provided as per the SLA agreed with business.
- To break down various business processes with flowcharts, manuals and other documentation outlining current practices.
People and Talent
- Guiding the team and organisation on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values to delight customers.
- Guiding the team on how to get the most of out self-organisation.
- Guiding the team on self-organising to fill in the intentional gaps left in the Agile/Scrum frameworks.
- Assessing the Scrum Maturity of the team and organisation and coaching the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organisation.
- Removing impediments or guiding the team to remove impediments by finding the right personnel to remove the impediment.
- Building a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis on healing and problem-solving.
- Facilitating getting the work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work.
- Facilitating discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution.
- Assisting with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information.
- Supporting and educating the Product Owner, especially on grooming and maintaining the product backlog.
- Providing all support to the team using a servant leadership style whenever possible, and leading by example.
- Coordinate with development team and provide support to all onshore and off shore sites
- Regularly review and assess the Risk Management Policy, Strategic and Operational Risk Registers to ensure regulatory compliance and effective risk management is maintained.
- Ensure all non-employment contracts are tracked actioned, including renewals/terminations and liaise as necessary with relevant responsible staff to ensure contractual compliance and benefits capture.
- Ensure policies and procedures are visible and complied.
- Ensure the preparation, collation and distribution of agendas, meeting information packs, minutes and reports and managing subsequent actions for Audit Committee meetings.
- Maintain oversight of Audits work-plans and preparation
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the Functions Finance applications to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Ensure an effective project management process is applied and continuously improved across the organisation with focus on finance and compliance.
- Oversee special projects and this may involve coordinating multiple simultaneous work streams and communicating effectively with individuals to ensure project deadlines are met and benefits delivered.
- Encourage team working and effective communication with colleagues.
- Undertake other duties as may be reasonably requested of your post
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages. We welcome conversations on flexible working.