What's your new role about?
Do you love sport, 24/7, anytime, anyplace, anywhere? How would you like to be part of our
new 24x7 1st line support team who acts as a single point of contact technical monitoring , communications and triage team in a new state-of the art support Centre focused on incident prevention, impact analysis and lightening quick incident notifications?
We are looking for a talented
1st line support representative to join our growing team to build a world class DAZN support Centre. As our
Support Specialist, you will be key in ensuring that DAZN platform and product is available
24x7x365 to our customers thereby providing
service availability, platform stability and continuous service improvements. Not only this, but you’ll also get the chance to expand your skillset and work with our unique OTT product as well.
We’re a dynamic, evolving ‘live’ environment where things can be hectic at times but what a rewarding feeling it is when you are at the reins of transmitting seamless major sporting events across the globe! We are proud of our vibrant team at the helm of the Global Live operations arm of the business. So, if you’re also a bit of a chameleon who enjoys adapting to changing business needs, cultures, conditions and work responsibilities, then this could be the role for you!
HERE'S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU'LL DO (NOT ALL OF IT JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Providing Fist line support and acting as first responder and carrying out level 1 triage to inbound customer incidents received to the DAZN support Centre.
- Responsible for Incident Logging, providing business impact assessment, reporting, incident notifications and escalation to resolver teams in a quick and timely manner.
- Troubleshooting, providing 1st line fixes and escalating incidents as required, ensuring they are resolved within service level agreements or against agreed key performance indicators.
- Carrying out proactive and pre- live event and metadata monitoring checks on across our DAZN OTT product to ensure maximum possible uptime.
- Responsible for Level 1 monitoring (Business and Technical) and live event monitoring across the DAZN OTT platform and product using variety of tools.
- Responsible for sending out live incident communications as soon as incident is detected on the DAZN OTT platform in a timely manner
- Being the point of contact for escalating issues when necessary.
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- Min 2 years experience working in 1st Line IT Support desk experience
- Experience working in a live sports environment
- Experience using AWS cloud-based platforms specially Cloud watch , ECS, Lambda etc
- Hands on experience in working with monitoring tools like Check_Mk or Nagios or New Relic or ELK or Pager Duty or Logz.io or similar
- Experience of writing basic SQL queries
- Experience of using service management ticketing tools like Service Now
- Knowledge on Network Troubleshooting and analysis including Firewalls, load balancers
- Have a fair understanding of web technologies and distributed web applications using variety of languages like Node Js etc
- Articulate & possess Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Team-player who is able to work unsupervised.
- Possess clarity of thought, agility & attention to detail to be ahead of the game through proactivity, driving best practice and incredibly responsive capabilities to give our customers the best customer experience.
- Possess exceptional communication skills to ensure our incident communications are clear to our executives
- Exceptional OTT monitoring expertise: to include Conviva, New Relic, ServiceNow. As well as Live and VoD, possess strong capabilities in operations covering Sign Up, Sign In, Payments, My Account, Pause and Cease
- Knowledge of KPIs that indicate performance and customer experience (eg re-buffering, video playback failures, video-start failures, capacity monitoring)
- Strong knowledge of OTT, devices, browsers, living room, mobile, web, CDNs, Platforms, Applications
- Confidence to recommend critical business decisions in near-real-time to recover service
- Ability to balance multiple concurrent activities when incident occur, to drive performance to ensure communication, escalation, triage and reporting are all done within minutes of key incidents occurring
- Attention to detail to follow run-books, including deciding severities of our incidents and identifying customer impacts
- Ability to work under pressure and multitasking.
- Department: Live Operations
- Internal Job Title: Support Specialist
- Reports To (title): Manager – DAZN Support Centre
- Career Level: CL1
- Country and Location: India, Mangalore
- Hours of Work: 48Hours weekly (shift based, 24/7 including nights, national and public holidays)
- Line Management Responsibility: No
Here's a little more about us…
NOT ESSENTIAL BUT GREAT IF YOU ALSO HAVE
Familiarity with basic ITIL
- Familiarity with Jira / Confluence
- Experience working in a global organisation
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. There are no limits to what we can achieve. So if you want to push boundaries and help change the world, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team, everyone has the opportunity to make their mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
Because for us, it's all about Limitless Ambition - never settling, always restless, always wanting more for our customers. We're growing fast and have made a big impact so far, and that's just the beginning. There's so much we can do. Working with us is exciting, empowering and truly global.
If you're ambitious, inventive, passionate, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to succeed at DAZN. Come and join our team.
Who we are and what we do:
- Headquartered in the UK with 2,200 employees located in over 25 countries
- Home to DAZN – the largest, fastest-growing global sports streaming service live in over 200 countries and territories. You can subscribe to our global service at www.dazn.com
- We guarantee affordable access on most connected devices including smart TVs, set-top boxes, streaming sticks, smartphones, tablets, PCs and game consoles
- We work across every aspect of the way fans engage with sports; from production, through to content distribution and commercialisation
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality and diversity - where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing the best people across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations and gender identities. We actively discourage any photos, personal letters or disclosure of any information that concerns other information than your professional experience.