Pegasus Care is looking for casual workers to join our team. Pegasus staff provide support to children and adults with Intellectual Disabilities/Physical Disabilities.
We are looking for committed people who are experienced in providing residential support, as well as support to access the wider community. You should also be willing to assist with skill development and to provide assistance to ensure each client meets his/her goals within a Person-Centred framework.
To be successful, you will need well developed interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with a Team as well as family members, you will need good communication (both written and verbal) skills and the ability to follow the routines and protocols in the setting in which you work.
Essential Criteria for the position are:
· Minimum IV in Disability Studies (or similar)
. NDIS Worker Clearance Certificate - willing to obtain prior to finalisation of employment.
· Infection Control Training – COVID-19 Certificate
· Current NSW Working With Children Check
· Current National Police Check
· Current First Aid Certificate
· NSW Drivers Licence, a Reliable vehicle with Comprehensive Insurance
· Minimum six months experience in Residential Support gained in Australia
· 100 points of ID
· The right to work in Australia
Applicants must have experience in some/all of the following areas:
Administration of Insulin and general diabetes knowledge/management
· Behaviour support/Challenging Behaviours
· High needs such as personal care, manual handling, assistance with feeding.
· Provision of Community Access.
· Implementation of Individual Goals, Plans, Routines
To apply, please ensure you address all essential criteria and demonstrate the experience you have gained and send your application and supporting documentation to - HR