Personal Support Workers- St Catharines
The Personal Support Worker provides direct personal and nursing care to residents to fulfil the physical, intellectual, emotional, social and spiritual needs of residents in accordance to home polices, procedure and work routines.
Extendicare is pleased to partner with the Ontario Health PSW Return-of-Service initiative which offers up to $5000 in incentives to eligible recent graduates who commit to working with Extendicare.
Your new role
- Assists in providing direct care for residents; assists with ambulation, feeding, bathing and grooming.
- Encourages participation in activity programs by assisting residents to and from activities.
- Assists with meal service and nourishment delivery to residents and provides feeding assistance as required.
- Provides emotional and social support to residents/families including palliative care.
- Adheres to established departmental policies and procedures regarding documentation, quality assurance, fire, safety, environment and infection control.
- Consults with and informs supervisor of unit activities, needs and matters related to resident care.
- Participates in care conferences and documentation related to resident care plans.
What you'll need to succeed
- Completed a PSW Program that meets the appropriate standards established by the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities, the National Association of Career Colleges, or the Ontario Community Support Association and must be a minimum of 600 hours in duration (including class time and practical experience time)
- Knowledge and experience in care planning systems and documentation required
- Mentally and physically able to perform duties as assigned
- Ability to communicate positively with other staff, residents and families
- Demonstrates empathy, concern and interest in providing quality care and service to residents
- Demonstrates organizational skills and ability to complete assignments in a timely fashion
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to provide resident care in accordance with application legislation, job routines, nursing care plans, ability to read and write English and understand verbal and written instructions in English.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, please forward an up-to-date copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
In Ontario, Extendicare, ParaMed Home Health Care and affiliated organizations including our partner homes in Extendicare Assist, accommodate the needs of job applicants throughout its recruitment and selection processes in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Accommodation needs must be provided in advance. To discuss your needs, please contact the individual noted in the posting.