Our Global Technology Infrastructure group is a team of innovators who love technology as much as you do. Together, you’ll use a disciplined, innovative and a business focused approach to develop a wide variety of high-quality products and solutions. You’ll work in a stable, resilient and secure operating environment where you—and the products you deliver—will thrive.
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
As part of the Platforms Services you and the team will be charged with developing and building solutions to support our private cloud platforms and implementing solutions to enable our client DevOps teams. Key responsibilities of the Supportability Engineer are:
· Identify and drive major product supportability efforts as the primary Support interface into Engineering leadership.
· Own technical relationships with leaders in product engineering and Site Reliability Engineering, in order to improve the customer experience.
· Represent support in product reviews.
· Grow the technical ability of the support team through contributions to training, documentation and ticket data analytics.
· Facilitate resolution of the most challenging technical issues for the specific product area.
· Provide insight into platform health and support requirements
· Negotiating support requirements with product owners
· Identify automation opportunities and drive a reduction in manual tasks
Enter in Qualifications Section:
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
• BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field. Advanced degree a plus
• Understanding cloud , virtualization, APIs, and modern software languages
• Software development experience in one or more general purpose programming languages: Python, Java, C++, Go
• Extensive Experience troubleshooting complex and dynamic customer environments while balancing the communications needs of each case.
• Understanding or have experience with agile and lean philosophies
• Ability to collaborate with different roles to achieve common goals
• Experience with one or more cloud platforms like Cloud Foundry, Mesosphere, Kubernetes, AWS, GCP, Azure
• Hands-on experience with cloud deployment, monitoring, and ops analysis tools such as Kubernetes, Prometheus, Elasticsearch, Grafana, Kibana, Splunk, DynaTrace, etc.
• Experience in building event monitoring solutions using tools like FluentD, Kafka, etc.
• Understanding of Network and Cloud Technologies, i.e. Security, Load Balancing, and Network Routing Protocols
• Excellent communication and presentation skills to management teams.