Consultant, Sustainability Consulting Asia (Sustainability strategy, reporting and climate change services)
ELEVATE is the leading business risk and sustainability solutions provider. We deliver improved organizational performance through sustainability and supply chain assessment.
We are looking for a highly motivated and passionate professional to support our growing work helping clients design and implement strategic sustainability programs. This role will be client-facing and require direct engagement with client Sustainability/ESG or Procurement teams.
You will work with private sector clients, mostly Fortune 500 companies, spanning a variety of sectors, including consumer goods, retail, food/agriculture, real estate and electronics. You will be part of the Asia Pacific consulting team and will work with, and learn from, ELEVATE experts from teams across the globe.
We are looking for individuals who will be motivated by the opportunity to work at the cutting edge of corporate sustainability and that are energized by innovative and challenging environments.
This role provides candidates with the opportunity to build skills in sustainability consulting, a dynamic and growing sector. The Consultant will be instrumental in the delivery of our sustainability consulting plan and in ensuring that we are:
- Delivering high quality consulting services as part of a global practice
- Supporting business development across sustainability consulting, climate consulting and supply chain consulting businesses
- Contributing to the evolution and scalability of our transformative products
This is an excellent opportunity for an entrepreneurial individual to join a rapidly growing and successful business that is disrupting traditional approaches to sustainability, climate management and supply chain management.
The candidate must have at least 3 years of experience in sustainability consulting areas such as sustainability strategy development, sustainability reporting and climate management/other environmental consulting experience. The candidate must have strong English writing skills, be a great communicator, be passionate about sustainable development and be a self-starter. You need to have a willingness to learn and be challenged. You will have the opportunity to contribute to ELEVATE’s strategic direction as we grow and expand over the next 3-5 years and you will drive the development of ELEVATE various products and services.
- Support the delivery of consulting engagements project management: Support the Senior Consultants and Associate Directors on the delivery of consulting projects by engaging with clients, demonstrating effective project management and delivery in the areas of sustainability strategy development, sustainability reporting using GRI, climate management and supply chain management. You will be expected to keep projects on track and at a high level of quality.
- Deliver presentations and conduct training: Take an active role in delivering presentations and trainings to clients and partners
- Product and service development: Support on standardisation and development of ELEVATE products across the sustainability consulting, climate change and supply chain services, through innovating and enhancing existing products, processes and ways of working to accelerate efficiencies, effectiveness and delivering positive impact projects.
- Support business development: Support on proposals, networking and profiling of ELEVATE to help the team to secure new business opportunities with existing and prospective clients
- Reporting to Associate Director to account for above responsibilities.
- 3+ years professional sustainability strategy and reporting consulting experience
- Knowledge of the sustainability business environment and trends
- Knowledge of sustainability reporting guidelines such as GRI, SASB, Integrated Reporting and others
- Communication, networking and stakeholder engagement skills
- Strong writing skills in English; Chinese/Cantonese a plus
- Ability to understand and interpret quantitative data
- Detail oriented, solutions oriented
- Has and applies emotional intelligence and proven team skills
- Takes initiative and is able to work autonomously and in a fast-paced environment
- Passionate about social and environmental topics
- Experience in climate change consulting a plus
- Experience in sustainability report assurance and/or supply chain is a plus
- ELEVATE offers a competitive salary and compensation package based on experience and qualifications