As part of our Technology & Innovation practice , EY’s system architects are creating and driving the architectural roadmap and guidelines for our clients in the financial sector.
We also take a hands-on approach with architectural solutions for specific, state of the art banking and insurance software packages, working closely with the business side, as well as the development teams and domain architects.
We understand our clients and their need for integrated, agile teams, we are experts in the industry, and we take on new challenges as we push technology forward.
Our consultants work on the most relevant topics in the industry, such as:
• Developing real time online lending solutions
• Developing robot advisors meant to optimize savings and investments
• Enabling real time payments.
We currently have opportunities for capable, passionate professionals who enjoy a fast paced international environment, to join as System Architects.
As part of the Technology & Innovation team, you will work on projects critical to financial services current landscape, with opportunities to switch teams, as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve. You will play an important part in taking EY’s Technology & Innovation to the next level.
As a System Architect in our Financial Services Advisory practice, you will:
• Drive architectural design for large, complex projects
• Develop a deep understanding of our business and translate strategy into architecture
• Participate in the central architecture team to set the architectural direction
• Ensure initiatives are adhering to strategic architecture guidelines
• Use state of the art technologies to solve real problems for our customers at a massive scale
• Share your knowledge and help the team evolve towards best practices
• Work in Agile mode, in small autonomous teams with short release cycles.
What are we looking for?
•Bachelor or Master degree in a relevant field (Computer Science, Civil Engineering, Quantitative disciplines, etc.) or equivalent through experience
•Professional experience (between 3 – 6 years), ideally (some) in consulting and exposure to the banking or insurance sector
•Experience working with a microservices architecture
•Hands-on experience with building and maintaining real-time, transaction-heavy systems
•Deep understanding of systems architecture and the ability to apply this to business needs
•Understanding and experience with web services and API design
•Experience with large-scale systems running on AWS / GCP / Azure or other comparable cloud provider is an asset
•Fluency in French or Dutch, with excellent business English
•Strong analytical skills, conceptual thinking and pragmatic approach
•Solid communication and presentation skills
•Certifications such as Agile, Scrum, or other SDLC methodologies (covering Project management and business and functional analysis), are a plus.
What’s in it for you? As a member of the EY family, you will:
•Join a leading global professional services firm
•Develop in an entrepreneurial organization which supports you to work within your areas of interest
•Benefit from extensive trainings, both on technical matters, as well on soft skills and project management
•Get individual coaching and mentoring and learn from experts
•Interact with your colleagues on international level.