In fast changing markets, customers worldwide rely on Thales. Thales is a business where brilliant people from all over the world come together to share ideas and inspire each other. In aerospace, transportation, defence, security and space, our architects design innovative solutions that make our tomorrow's possible.
About The Challenge
MKS180 is the first major shipbuilding project of the German Navy since 20 years and at the same time its largest ship building program ever. Damen Schelde Naval Naval Shipbuilding (DSNS) offered the (totally new) ship design, Thales offered the combat system (CS) including all sensors (excl. weapons) and the CMS as well as overall Mission System Integration responsibility, including 13 subcontracts. The Thales part of the project is by volume the biggest project in the history of the Thales Netherlands and Thales Germany Naval organizations.
We are expanding and strengthening our Solution Engineering capacity in our headquarters in Hengelo. We are specifically looking for the multiple positions as.
(Lead) System Architect
About the job
As a System Architect you work in an international multidisciplinary team on the design, development and validation of one or more system segments in MKS180. This team typically consists of representatives of the customer, suppliers of subsystems and other parties involved. You are responsible for a specific part of the technical design. In the Thales internal project team, you collaborate under the leadership of the Project Design Authority with a team of colleague system architects and engineers Activities include amongst others:
- Discuss operational needs and system requirements with the customer;
- Perform requirements decomposition towards solution components including subcontracted items;
- Lead the architectural design of a naval mission system or combat management system;
- Demonstrate the solution to the customer;
- Solve technical issues that arise during the development, testing and integration of the system;
- Work in close collaboration with colleague system architects and system engineers;
- Manage the system engineering team on technical aspects;
- Apply Model Based System Engineering (MBSE) in the System architecture & design phases.
- Location: Hengelo in the Netherlands
The system architect has demonstrable experience with the design and development of complex mission systems. In order to qualify for Lead System Architect you have demonstrable experience in naval mission and / or combat management systems.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required to work and act in multidisciplinary teams
- High level of creativity, initiative, pragmatism and persuasiveness
- Affinity with project management
- Language proficiency: English (listening, reading, speaking and writing) European language level: C1, German at level B2/C1 is a benefit
- Flexibility with respect to travelling abroad and operating in an international environment
- Mastering Arcadia (MBSE method) and tools such as Doors, Capella
- Location: Hengelo in the Netherlands
- An interesting job within a team of experts in an international high-tech environment;
- Room for and attention to personal development and personal initiative;
- The opportunity to grow within the organization, for instance on a technical, managerial, commercial or international level;
- An open and flexible work environment where a good work-life balance is considered important.
- Excellent work conditions, with 40 holidays a year, among other benefits.
About Thales Netherlands
- Open and flexible working atmosphere;
- Short communication lines;
- International orientation;
- An inspiring environment open for initiatives and ideas.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!