About the role:
Geoplex is looking for a Cloud Systems Engineer/Architect to work on a large project underpinning web and Geospatial applications for a national security client. You will take the lead on cloud technology matters (AWS), provide technical inputs and work with technical specialists, security specialists and the product owner to analyse and model requirements, solve problems and choose the most suitable solutions.
What you will be involved in:
What we would like from you:
- Working in a motivated agile team consulting to government clients
- Using innovative processes and tools to perform deployments in complex cloud environments
- Defining structured change and release management processes
- Transitioning systems and services to production
- Reviewing and influencing existing solution, design and system architectures
- Helping estimate the scope and time required to deliver projects
- Defining optimal design patterns for high availability and disaster recovery
- Co-produce and validate technical design documents
- Australian Citizen with a current NV1 (minimum) AGSVA security clearance
- Extensive experience in delivering IT and cloud consultancy services to large and medium sized enterprise organisations
- AWS DevOps experience, with Azure experience a plus
- Experience with modern DevOps concepts (e.g. infrastructure as code)
- Experience with IT and cloud security principles and best practices
- Experience with IT Service Management processes for a production system, particularly change and release management
- Strong knowledge of deployment and configuration technologies such as CloudFormation, Ansible, Packer, Bamboo and Docker (or similar tools)
- Experience with both Linux and Windows environments
- Experience with database technologies like PostgreSQL, Oracle, and DynamoDB
- Knowledge of architecture principles and frameworks (TOGAF and AUSDAF), cloud architectures, deployment processes and ICT best practice
- An intuitive nature, with high levels of curiosity. You love to share your knowledge
- Comfortable in a fast pace politically charged work environment and a significant customer facing role
- Experience with Geospatial systems, analytics and IoT platforms highly regarded
Founded in Australia a decade ago, Geoplex’s vision is to enable enterprise organisations to harness the power of geospatial information technology, to make our world safe and secure.
We operate with transparency, compassion for our people and have a safe, fun and inclusive environment where everyone has the freedom to be themselves.
Geoplex is a member of The Nova Group, a group of companies with a broad range of professional services to assist in defining, managing, and delivering complex projects and solving challenging problems.
What you get beyond the pay cheque?
With a strong company culture and high retention rate, Nova Group has been recognised as one of "Top 50 best places to work" in Australia. In addition, Nova was recently ranked in the "Top 50 Most Innovative Companies".
- Your choice of laptop – we cater for both Apple and Windows lovers
- Flexible working conditions
- Access to Defence Health, Travel and Life Insurance
- Annual 3-day Conference
- Annual tech retreat
- $5000 annually for professional development (and study leave)
- Reserve Leave
- Loyalty Leave
- Purchased Leave
- Novated Leasing and Salary Sacrifice
- Serious Illness Leave
- Employee Share Offer
- Mentoring Program
- Innovation Program
- Do you own a Safari Suit or Kaftan? Sense of humour required!
To apply, please click on the "apply now" button and submit your resume using the "upload resume" function in PDF Format (only).
Alternatively, for a confidential discussion contact Monika in Nova's Talent Acquisition Team on (08) 8252 7100.
Nova Group does not accept any recruitment agency solicitation.