OFX is continuing to hire with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. We welcome conversations around flexible working arrangements for this role. Please indicate in the application questions what working arrangements would be your preference.
Hello. Nice to meet you. We’re OFX, a global provider of online, international payment services for our personal, business and partner customers. Since launching on Sydney’s Northern Beaches twenty years ago, OFX has grown to become a truly global company. We’re now trusted by customers all around the world and have grown to over 400 employees with offices in Sydney, London, San Francisco, Toronto, Auckland, Singapore and Hong Kong. We are a publicly-listed company, listed on the Australian Stock Exchange (ASX: ‘OFX’)
Currently we are looking for a high performing, adaptable and solution-focused Systems Engineer who enjoys managing and maintaining the Windows and Linux Server infrastructure & associated services in on premise, virtualised, and cloud based environments. You will also be an escalation point and mentor the Service Desk team, participating in Fault, Incident and Problem management processes & deliver projects related to server infrastructures, networking and security.
What you’ll be doing:
- Design, Delivery and management of Windows Systems, Windows based technology, and Linux based systems following best practice guidelines
- Work with stakeholders to gather business requirements for the implementation of these Systems and technology
- Management of Windows and Linux Infrastructure (excluding Desktops) across multiple locations
- Management of Virtualisation technology VMWare and AWS Infrastructure
- Work with the IT Operations Team to perform regular maintenance and patching
- Provide 3rd level support for Windows/Linux Systems, routing, switching and security technologies to Technology staff and to the Service Desk team
- Fault/Event Management, Incident Management, Problem Resolution and Root Cause Analysis of IT Systems including, Windows/Linux systems, routing, switching and security systems
- Provide mentoring and coaching to the IT Operations team
What you’ll bring:
- Tertiary qualifications in relevant field or similar relevant qualifications
Knowledge, skills, experience:
- 3+ years’ experience working in a similar engineering level role
- Extensive experience and knowledge of Microsoft Server Infrastructure and Services
- Experience of using and maintaining Splunk
- Knowledge and experience with AWS Infrastructure
- Solid networking and security experience
- Experience with Scripting and Automation a must
- IT operations environment experience (Escalations, Fault/Event Management, Incident Management, Problem Resolution and Root Cause Analysis)
- Knowledge and understanding of Agile Methodologies (Scrum and Kanban), ITIL Framework
- Self-starter ability with high adaptability
- Ability to work with stakeholders to define requirements and produce effective solutions
- Analysis and Decision Making – can identify and understand issues, problems and opportunities and develop appropriate solutions
- Strong planning and delivery skills and robust attention to detail
Preferred Skills (Not Essential)
- Vendor certification MCSE or similar
- Cisco CCNA or CCNP vendor qualification is advantageous
What it's like working at OFX
- We promote an environment of reward and recognition, OFXers are encouraged to celebrate their peers’ effort, technical expertise or support through a range of channels and awards.
- Giving back, we encourage OFXers to give back to causes and communities that are important to them. We celebrate this with an annual volunteer day, that OFXers can use together or individually.
- Always keep learning. Drive your own learning with LinkedIn learning, which all OFXers have access to. We offer a variety of other learning programs and host an annual Open Day to encourage cross functional and soft skill learning.
- We take pride in having a work/life balance and flexibility; we encourage employees to work productively and efficiently. Our OFXers enjoy Birthday leave to celebrate their birthday however they choose.
- Our Good Vibes employee-led committees organise events to keep our employees engaged inside and outside the office. Whether it’s participating in our weekly yoga class (now also online), run clubs, office happy hours, end of year celebrations. Our team wants you to feel welcome!
- We have some great perks. On-site barista, fresh fruit, showers with towel service.
You must have full working rights in Australia to be considered for this position.