Celestica Galway site is now recruiting for an experienced Systems Engineer to plan, implement and maintain a comprehensive Factory Systems Infrastructure, which is in line with corporate guidelines and customer requirements in order to facilitate a world-class manufacturing environment. This role provides support and ongoing development to a number of high-speed automated production lines and new product introductions, in particular paying attention to PLC controlled equipment, vision systems, revision control systems and manufacturing data integrity & security.
● Proactively manages and supports the existing Automation infrastructure for optimal performance and minimized downtime. Makes appropriate, justifiable suggestions for system enhancements
● Collaborates with the IT Group, Application Group, External Technical Resources to provide comprehensive support of all Automation and Information Systems and Technologies
● Provides Final Third Level support on all technical issues
● Provides solutions, which implement industry best practice to deliver improved productivity and efficiency throughout the organization
● Installs and deploys systems, software and peripherals as required, liaising with external vendors and service contractors as appropriate. Sources appropriate equipment and services through appropriate liaison with Purchasing department
● Provides Technical Direction for all new infrastructure developments
● Develops, implements and manages comprehensive contingency plans for all critical systems including regular documented tests
● Benchmarks system performance and provides regular reports.
● Interfaces with Corporate Information Systems on standards, support, and new infrastructure developments
● Utilizes a Project Management methodology to plan, coordinate and implement Key projects assigned by Business Unit Managers. Provides regular reports to Management and delivers project within agreed time-frames and budgets
● Documentation is a key function of any Engineering professional. All knowledge is to be captured and shared as the fundamental aspect of system support. All procedures must be written and controlled to ISO standards.
● Utilizes Continuous Process Improvement methodologies to improve the overall quality of all systems you come into contact with
● All other duties / responsibilities as defined by the Business Unit Manager
● Develops training programmes for our systems Technician line support.
● Provides innovative inputs to new production lines in the areas of control, data collection, motive power, robotics, vision systems and communications.
● Designs, develops and implements process improvements on new and existing lines.
● Excellent Project Management and Time Management skills
● Excellent communication Skills both written and verbal.
● The ability to interface with Senior Management and make presentations or deliver training courses when necessary
● Facilitation skills and a sound understanding of team dynamics
● A motivated individual with focus and discipline
● An achievement oriented self-starter with excellent problem-solving skills
● A Degree in Engineering with 5+ years' relevant experience
● Essential experience required with PLC programming, in-line vision systems, barcode systems, network topology, pc application software, systematic troubleshooting/problem solving skills.
● Experience of TCP/IP and Wide Area Network architectures
● Programming of Allen-Bradley Controllogix5000 and PLC5, Siemens S7, Visual Basic applications,
● Equipment and Software Validation, IQ, OQ and PQ.
Celestica (NYSE, TSX: CLS) is a US$5.6 billion global leader in the delivery of end-to-end product lifecycle solutions. Our customers trust us to deliver the most advanced design, engineering and manufacturing expertise for their highly sophisticated and complex products. From advanced medical devices, to highly engineered aviation systems, to next-generation hardware solutions for the Cloud, at Celestica we manage the complexity for our customers and set the bar for quality and reliability in their markets. Our customer portfolio includes leaders in the enterprise computing, communications, aerospace and defense, industrial, smart energy, healthtech and semiconductor markets. Headquartered in Toronto, our global network spans 13 countries with 26,000 employees throughout the Americas, Europe and Asia.