Electrical System Engineer (m/f/d)-TPRS-DEMAd02288676
At Bombardier Transportation, our trains and rail solutions move millions of people safely and reliably around the world, every single day. Join us, and you’ll be part of a global team, sharing knowledge, experience and ideas across countries and cultures, and boosting our reputation as a global leader in rail technology. Your work will have a truly human impact, connecting communities, cities and businesses, and helping people to get where they need to be. It’s all about progress.
If you’re ambitious, driven and team-spirited, this is your opportunity to build a career as an Electrical System Engineer (m/f/d) for our location in Mannheim (DE).
The “Electrical Architect current collection & high voltage” is responsible for concepts, specifications and the integration of functions and subsystems into the locomotive. In collaboration with customers and mostly internal suppliers, technical solutions are implemented with respect of national and international standards and requirements. The electrical architect is responsible for the correct integration of all requirements and their verification. In addition, the candidate must ensure that the solution can be authorized and will deliver all needed evidences.
You will be working in a diverse team for worldwide locomotive projects for several customers.
- Develop technical concepts and solutions based on customer requirements
- Involve all key stakeholders in order to understand their concerns / needs and define a cohesive concept at vehicle level.
- Interact with the design and implementation engineers, to ensure correct implementation
- Propose solutions that can improve Bombardier Transportation and/or customer value.
- Identify technical issues/needs and propose technical improvements.
Discuss issues and lessons learned with other engineers worldwide.
- Verify the concepts in the lab (simulation tool) and on the vehicle.
- Good experience in Electrical Engineering (power electronics, electrical drives or similar).
- Work experience in the development of railway vehicles - experience in system interaction
- Knowledge of relevant norms and standards would be a benefit.
- Fluent English, German good to have.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
About Bombardier Transportation
Bombardier Transportation is a global mobility solution provider leading the way with the rail industry’s broadest portfolio. It covers the full spectrum of solutions, ranging from trains to sub-systems and signalling to complete turnkey transport systems, e-mobility technology and data-driven maintenance services. Combining technology and performance with empathy, Bombardier Transportation continuously breaks new ground in sustainable mobility by providing integrated solutions that create substantial benefits for operators, passengers and the environment. Headquartered in Berlin, Germany, Bombardier Transportation employs around 39,850 people and its products and services operate in over 60 countries.
Bombardier is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, National, or Local Laws.