Desired Skills and Experience
Job Experience / Abilities Required:
· Clear understanding of the engineering role within the technology-sales process.
· Strong understanding of common TCP/IP Service Protocols, such as ICMP, DNS, FTP, SMTP, HTTP, SNMP, SSH.
· Strong understanding in the following technologies and protocols: PPTP, L2TP, 802.1q, 802.1x, SSL, IKE, IPSec, 3DES, AES, SHA-1, MD5.
· Experience with design, installation and/or operation of network security solutions, including at least three of the following: Firewalls, VPNs, IDP/IPS, Antivirus Gateways, Web Content Filtering, Antispam, Vulnerability Managers, Database Security, and VoIP Security.
· Experience with authentication systems such as LDAP, RADIUS, TACACS+, Active Directory, Digital Certificates / PKI.
· Experience designing and/or operating/maintaining Wireless networking in a secure way.
· Deep understanding of VoIP solutions and VoIP security systems is a plus.
· Product certifications on Networking, Firewalls, VPNs, IPS, Antivirus, Antispam, URL Filtering or Vulnerability Managers; can be from Fortinet or from other competitor products is a plus.
· Experience racking network equipment.
· Experience in with VMware (ESXi, VCenter)
· Strong understating of operating systems, Windows, MacOS and Linux.
· Deep technical knowledge on computer networks and Internet security.
· Trilingual: Strong oral and written communication skills, in English, Spanish and Portuguese. Exceptional ability to clearly articulate messages in the mentioned languages.
· Strong analytical skills oriented to details.
· Ability to be autodidact and learn new knowledge areas on his/her own.
· Highly organized. Capable of working and multi-tasking across multiple projects.
· Self-motivated, with ability to work without direct supervision.
· Adaptable and flexible, operating in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
· Ability to work and make decisions under high pressure.
Work under the direct command and management of the IT Manager at the Latin America HQ in Sunrise, Fl.
· Manage the daily activities of local and wide-area network systems, perform diagnostics, schedule preventative maintenance and ensure that above all else network systems are operational.
· Manage and monitor the virtual infrastructure to ensure high availability of services.
· Anticipate future problems and modify the network to ensure continued network operations.
· Responsible for the installation, administration, and testing of network servers, operating system software, hubs, routers, switches, cabling, and other related network components/equipment.
· Create/Modify detailed documentation of the network architecture and managed processes for anyone who may need to use it.
· Work with Fortinet HQ in order to create and implement existing IT policies.
· Perform network maintenance and system upgrades including service packs, patches and security configurations.
· Manage the external and physical security processes of the office, such as the Badge access system and Video Surveillance system.
· Resolve technical issues your coworkers may experience with their equipment on a daily basis.
· Hardware troubleshooting with some component repair.
· Remotely assist users in LATAM with all IT related issues.
· Assist any client or peer using the conference or training rooms.
· Maintain and troubleshoot the VoIP system present in the office, as well as any peripheral projects related to it.
· Take internal and external trainings as needed (including self-training modules) in order to keep up product knowledge and be an expert resource for your peers.
· Manage the distribution and return of laptops for the Brazil region.
· Be able to process and respond to requests from your peers in a timely manner.
· Be able to respond to emergencies at the office after-hours in a timely manner.
· Work with third party vendors in order to resolve reported incidents.
· Availability to travel to our reginal TAC office (Uberlandia, Minas Gerais)
· Ability to lift heavy equipment as needed (up to 50lbs)