About the role
- Working closely with the DDMD Team Lead, you will follow existing and create your own automated Test Methods for system characterisation and analysis such as control system validation, thermal mapping and user interaction of motors, power electronics and associated products as required.
- Provide status reporting of all assigned tasks against the time plan keeping the DDMD Lead up to date with progress and any issues that may have arisen.
- Generate high-quality test reports with all data and findings from all work undertaken.
- Work closely with the test and validation teams in UK and Singapore to develop test methods and ensure the correct operation of test equipment to ensure the accuracy and validity of testing.
- Be able to apply your skills to other areas of work and tasks within the business as may be required of you on occasion for the benefit of the wider team. This could include, but is not limited to, supplier liaison for issue resolution or audit, engineering design work, test rig building and production equipment commissioning.
These are the essential skills we need you to have
- Experience of automating verification test methods for electronics and mechatronic systems, including the software development and design of test equipment and associated commissioning of the test.
- Be proficient in the use of common automation software tools such as LabView, Python, TestStand or MATLAB by creating new programs and editing existing TM’s.
- Have working knowledge of a range of hardware development platforms such as National Instruments, Arduino and Raspberry Pi.
- A good first degree in electrical/electronic engineering or equivalent qualification or demonstrable experience of equivalent-level working in test and verification environments.
- Knowledge and experience in a range of aspects of electronics including some of: power electronics, motor control, battery management, analogue, digital and sensing technologies.
- Strong communication and team working skills to be able to form a bridge between multiple teams of different disciplines working on a single, integrated product across multiple global sites.
- Strong technical analysis skills and an ability to use standard laboratory equipment to set up experiments and to take precise measurements of motors and mains-referenced control systems to aid performance analysis, and fault-finding.
- Be flexible and open-minded to respond quickly to changes in project priorities. Be able to demonstrate sound theoretical knowledge, reasoning and problem solving skills in engineering.
- Be able to clearly report progress and results in-person during meetings along with producing a high standard of written documentation of your work.
- Proactive and persistent nature demonstrated by an inquisitive approach.
- Be a creative thinker and problem solver; highly self-motivated and self-reliant with enthusiasm for motors, power systems and Dyson products.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English is mandatory.
These skills are desirable but not essential
- Formal Six Sigma or Lean Six Sigma qualification and proficient use of data analysis tools such as Minitab.
- Experience of managing a small team of engineers.
- Working knowledge of the fundamentals of electromagnetic machine operation particularly single and multi-phase permanent magnet motors.
- An appreciation of motor control techniques for low and high speed, single-phase and multi-phase permanent magnet motors.
Working knowledge of schematic capture, PCB layout and associated software.
Dyson Philippine monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries, bonuses and relocation assistance. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realizing ambition Interview guidance
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.