In this position, you will join in Intel Wireless Software team, working on FlexRAN project. FlexRAN is entire wireless system reference solution on Intel Architecture for Radio Access Network, both 4G and 5G. Team is responsible for RAN L1 and L2L3 stack software design, implementation, optimization on Intel Xeon Silicon; Integrate, validate and adopt IA-based reference RAN stack to Cloud infrastructure; Improve FlexRAN infrastructure, and adopt IA platform advantages and new technologies in FlexRAN ref. solution; Scale FlexRAN reference solution with eco-partners to accelerate global customers’ product GTM. FlexRAN team, who has together with marketing/field team built tremendous momentum for FlexRAN based 5G NR solution in the marketing. You are joining the team to make the network transformation in 5G era!
- FlexRAN SW verification with controlled platform configuration (Si, acceleration IPs, NIC, OS, tools, etc.)
- Apply IA new technologies for FlexRAN, including new ISA , acceleration IP, AI/ML, and other Xeon platform technologies for memory/cache management, security enhancement, power optimization, resource management, etc.
- Create integrated RAN platform based on FlexRAN virtualized/containerized LTE & 5G NR VNF solution on IA and accelerate customers successful deployment
- Work with partners/key customers to enable successful RAN deployments on IA platforms.
- Improve infrastructure for FlexRAN in support of development, validation and release.
- Participate in all stages of software development life-cycle (e.g. requirements definition, research, validation, post-release support activities, etc.)
- Thoughtfully working with architects and other software developers to resolve technical issues
Inside this Business Group
- Bachelor, Master, or Ph.D. in Communication, CS or EE.
- Solid programming skills and familiar with related Toolchain: C/C++, script language; experience of development under Linux or Unix.
- Deep understanding of computer architecture, especially Intel Architecture. Big plus if having experience of optimization on IA platform, and familiar with the methodologies and tools.
- Familiar with OS Kernel and architecture; Solid knowledge on network. Familiar with NFV and SDN
- Knowledge of virtualization technologies and capable to debug and optimize the performance for VT scenario.
- Understanding digital signaling process is a plus; Wireless knowledge (LTE and 5G) is plus.
- A deep understanding of software development, working collaboratively as part of a multidisciplinary team with a track record of shipping software on time.
- Faster learning ability, and strong problem-solving skills; Curiosity and vision - having a passion for technology and can think critically about performance, scalability, and reliability of software; Comfortable working without micro-management of day-to-day tasks
The Data Center Group (DCG) is at the heart of Intel’s transformation from a PC company to a company that runs the cloud and billions of smart, connected computing devices. The data center is the underpinning for every data-driven service, from artificial intelligence to 5G to high-performance computing, and DCG delivers the products and technologies—spanning software, processors, storage, I/O, and networking solutions—that fuel cloud, communications, enterprise, and government data centers around the world.
CN Experienced Hire JR0135172 Beijing