Role Purpose and Key Accountabilities:
The right candidate would be a key player in setting the vision for a data storytelling platform, in helping clients see and understand data, and creating clear and elegant data presentations, and fact-filled compositions. This role entails turning large volumes of data into dynamic and digestible Tableau visualizations.
- Leverage established guidelines and custom designs creating clear, concise, and creative data visualizations (reports and dashboards), to support user stories and meet business needs.
- Integrate dashboards and reports from a variety of sources, assuring that they adhere to data quality, usability and business rule standards.
- Perform detailed data analysis by determining the structure, content, and quality of the data through examination of source systems and data samples.
- Define, execute and interpret complex/nested SQL queries.
- Provide input into standards and best practices for dashboards and related technologies.
- Manage a repository of re-usable data visualization templates and views.
- Participate in the administration of the Tableau Server environment (manage users / groups / permissions).
- Collaborate with Analysts and Engineers in order to optimize Tableau Dashboards.
- Support peers and stakeholders as Subject Matter Expert (SME) through troubleshooting and analysis of results.
- Seek opportunities to improve current processes by applying industry best practices as a business intelligence professional.
- Document and communicate technical specifications to ensure that proper and optimized techniques, queries, and final deliverables are understood and incorporated into data and analytics processes.
- Refine and update dashboards with feedback as provided by stakeholders and analytics team.
- Monitor dashboards for issues, report underlying issues as appropriate to other data groups.
- Find the key areas of automation to make the business processes smooth and scalable.
- Produce high-quality results and deliverables that meet client needs.
Skills & Experience
- Relevant experience in developing, maintaining and managing Tableau driven dashboards & analytics, with a working knowledge of Tableau administration/architecture.
- Excellent analytical skills to analyze business needs.
- Good problem-solving skills to resolve the issues that appear during development.
- Excellent communication skills and team building skills.
- Proficiency in SQL and good knowledge of handling databases.
- Ability to utilize SQL and/or available BI tool to validate/elaborate business rules.
- Ability to create database views in support of reporting and analytic tool ingestion.
- Ability to create and leverages reusable objects.
- Expertise in handling all Tableau products (Desktop, Public, Server, Online, and Reader).
- Strong abilities in SQL, including views, UDFs, and parameterization.
- Functional understanding of ETL and data warehousing concepts.
- Experience with deeper Tableau administration, such as configuring extracts and scheduling tasks.
- Experience in ticketing and source control systems, such as Jira and Git.
- Conceptual understanding of reporting stacks and architectural considerations.
- Experience working with numerous different data sources and knowledge of source connectivity and publishing for optimization.
Masters/Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field.