Tax Manager (International)
With a worldwide presence, Glanbia continues to build its global nutrition business, thanks to our clear vision, strong values, and most importantly our 6,900 people. We are the number one global performance nutrition business and a leading provider of innovative nutritional solutions to many of the world’s leading brands. We combine the energy, hunger and agility of a top performing nutrition company with the heritage and resources of a large global organisation.
About the opportunity
Glanbia plc is currently seeking to recruit a Tax Manager to its Group Tax Department, reporting directly to the Head of Tax and based in Head office, Kilkenny OR Citywest, Dublin 24. This is a permanent, full-time opportunity
This role includes direct involvement in the continuing expansion of the Group in a range of new jurisdictions and offers excellent exposure for the successful candidate.
Working closely with colleagues in Group Tax, with Business Unit finance and commercial teams and with external tax advisors overseas, the Tax Manager’s primary responsibilities initially will be management of the Group’s overall tax position in respect of our newer legal entities and tax structures in a number of overseas countries.
A key part of the Tax Manager’s job is to ensure that each Glanbia overseas legal entity in their allocated portfolio is operating in full compliance with its designated role in the Group’s entrepreneur model, the Glanbia Contract Services Model (“Glanbia CSM”). Generally, the functions and risks undertaken by the legal entities characterise them as distribution companies.
The successful candidate will be given an opportunity in the medium term to gain tax experience in other jurisdictions in which Glanbia has operations. .
- Manage the overall tax position of a portfolio of Glanbia legal entities in a number of overseas countries
- Develop a detailed understanding of the local tax system in each jurisdiction relevant to your portfolio (including in the context of the Glanbia CSM) in order to advise on tax compliance, risks and opportunities
- Manage the process for annual budget and quarterly forecasting of tax liabilities of the Glanbia legal entities in your portfolio
- Manage the process to forecast periodic cash tax payments required locally, including liaising with Group Treasury and external tax advisors
- Leading the Group year-end tax reporting process for the Glanbia legal entities in your portfolio
- Manage local tax compliance by working with Business Unit finance and commercial teams and with external tax advisors, to accurately and timely file local tax returns and make the required payments. Where separate local accounts are required, oversee the reconciliation to SAP by the finance team to ensure effectiveness of the transfer pricing policy.
- Assist the Group Tax team in the management of cross-border intercompany transactions/transfer pricing, including sense checking the profitability of each entity at each compliance cycle (quarterly in many countries) and assessing proposed transactions holistically taking into account VAT and customs considerations.
- Manage local tax audit processes in conjunction with external advisors.
- Ensure efficient cash repatriation to Ireland in the form of suitable financing for overseas entities, dividends, capital reductions, etc.
- Advise Business Unit teams on the tax considerations of new route to market or international expansion initiatives, e.g. permanent establishment, legal entity and supply chain structures.
- Prepare and maintain tax analyses and technical papers to support the tax filing positions taken.
- Identify opportunities and assist with development and implementation of international tax planning.
- Keep abreast and make recommendations in respect of local tax law changes as these impact the Glanbia CSM and the business generally.
- Assist with acquisitions (including immediate implementation, where appropriate, of the Glanbia CSM) and with business restructurings and ad-hoc tax planning projects as required.
- Support VAT and payroll compliance teams in providing guidance on new legal entity and supply chain structures in overseas countries.
Required Education & Experience:
- 3rd level Degree in Accounting/Finance/Economics or another relevant discipline
- Professional qualification in Accounting and Tax (i.e. ACA/ACCA & AITI) essential along with up to date membership of relevant recognised bodies.
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills; experience of SAP would be an advantage
- Previous experience within a multinational in a similar position or Big 4 experience in an international tax department with exposure to international tax issues
- Commercially astute with strong business acumen
- Excellent project management skills with an ability to work to tight deadlines
- Strong communication skills, including report writing
- The ability to work both on your own initiative and within a team environment to deliver Group Tax’s significant value-added brief
- Willingness to travel which will be required from time to time
- Ability to display a high degree of professionalism in dealing with senior management and users.
- The energy, enthusiasm and drive to make it happen.
- Strong prioritising skills with the ability to take on challenges as opportunities to find a better way.
- Self-motivated, proactive, ability to ensure tasks are finalised to strict deadlines.
- Accurate with keen attention to detail.
Our Purpose & Values
At Glanbia we are dedicated to delivering better nutrition for every step of life’s journey. We differentiate ourselves by doing not only what is right for our business, but also what is good for our people and the communities in which we live and work. So if you’re looking to develop your career, stretch your ambitions and work for a company that has the ability to succeed on the world stage, ours is a journey you’ll want to share .