About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The primary purpose of the role is to ensure that German, France and Sweden tax risk is well controlled and remains within risk appetite
- Support the local tax team in Frankfurt with the day-to-day tax compliance work.
- Monitor and assess impact of European tax law development, with a focus on Germany, France and Sweden.
- Support the local tax team with ongoing maintenance and development of tax reporting and filing processes, including VAT key calculations.
- Co-ordinate the gathering of information requested in connection with tax audits and tax returns.
- Build strong knowledge of group tax reporting and group transfer pricing processes.
- Manage local transfer pricing documentation and compliance in Germany, France and Sweden.
- Prepare deferred tax calculations for SCB AG.
- Operate the forecasting, reporting and tax compliance processes for Germany, France and Sweden corporation tax, bank levy and withholding tax.
People and Talent
- Communicate vision of the role of the global tax function and role-model collaboration across the devolved function.
- Take personal responsibility for understanding the risk and compliance requirements of the role and communicating the same to the team. Understand and comply with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws and regulations, including those governing anti-money laundering, terrorist financing and sanctions; the Group’s policies and procedures; and the Group Code of Conduct. Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk and compliance matters.
- Understand the group operational risk framework and support the tax team with operational risk assessments and reporting.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Various European Tax Authorities
- CFO Germany
- External Auditors
- Regional Tax Lead, Europe and Americas
- Regional Tax Lead, Europe
- Embed Here for good and Group’s brand and values in European Tax.
- Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures.
- Bachelor's degree with an emphasis in accounting, finance and tax. Significant corporate and international tax experience gained in banking industry or accounting firm (with a focus on financial services tax).
- Strong knowledge of German corporate and indirect taxes.
- Very good MS Excel skills. Ideally knowledge of MS PowerQuery functionality in Excel and/or VBA programming skills.
- Understanding of banking / financial products and regulation.
- Language skills: German & English mandatory.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages. We welcome conversations on flexible working.