· Instruct/coach groups or individuals in exercise activities and the fundamentals of sports.
· Demonstrate techniques and methods of participation. Observe participants and inform them of corrective measures necessary to improve their skills and monitor their progress.
· Explain and enforce safety rules and regulations within the leisure Centre.
· Plan routines, choose appropriate music, and choose different movements for each set of muscles, depending on participants' capabilities and limitations.
· Evaluate individual’s abilities, needs, and physical conditions, and develop suitable training programs to meet any special requirements.
Skills & Experience Requirements:
· At least 1 year previous experience working as a Swim instructor in a Leisure Center /Gym is essential.
· Fully qualified and certified Swim teacher – Level 2 (Cert. in date).
· Fully qualified and certified Lifeguard (Level 2 Cert. in date).
· Certified in Occupational First Aid (Cert in date).
· Excellent timekeeping, communication skills and ability to work on own initiative.
· Must be eligible to work in Ireland.
· Must be fluent in written and spoken English.