Approximately 5,500 employees from all backgrounds embody the Muscogee County School District. We offer opportunities for everyone including support personnel, teachers, leaders, tradespeople and much more.
This posting is to recruit for existing vacancies and/or positions that become available at our various schools for the 2021-2022 school year.
Join the Muscogee County School District in “Creating We” in an environment that values the unique experiences and perspectives each of us bring to our community.
Teacher, Hearing Impaired
Teacher Salary Schedule
To Be Announced
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Facilitate student success in academic and interpersonal skills through implementing state and district approved curriculum; documenting teaching and student progress/activities/outcomes; addressing specific educational needs of student’; providing a safe and optimal learning environment; and providing feedback to students, parents, and administration regarding student progress, expectations, goals, etc.
1. Educational Level:
Bachelor Degree in job related field
Valid Georgia Teacher certification or eligibility for GA certification in Special Education Hearing Impairment
4. Physical Activities:
Routine physical activities that are required to fulfill job responsibilities
5. Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
Written and oral communication; instructional strategies that connect the curriculum to the learners; student management
- Advises parents and/or legal guardians of student progress.
- Adheres to local school procedures and regulations in a supportive manner; demonstrates loyalty to the school and its leadership; avoids behaviors which detract from staff morale; works cooperatively with colleagues and the community; promotes a positive school environment that enhances student learning; helps maintain a positive and cooperative climate.
- Reviews available medical/audiological information pertaining to the student's performance and probable use of hearing; obtaining updated medical/audiological information.
- Monitors the condition and use of appropriate amplification equipment for each student.
- Provides emotional support for students and families to promote understanding and coping skills for children's hearing loss.
- Demonstrates knowledge and skills in the areas of language development and language refinement needed by hearing impaired children.
- Assesses student needs, progress, expectations, goals, etc.
- Collaborates with school personnel, parents, and various community agencies.
- Demonstrates prompt and regular attendance.
- Demonstrates methods required to perform assignments to provide effective school program and address needs of individual students.
- Exhibits professionalism in all job related situations; follows professional ethics in all work related activities.
- Provides instruction that is appropriate; communicates responsibly with all individuals and groups; assumes a fair share of outside-the-classroom school responsibilities; maintains plans according to policies and/or directives; promotes the responsible use of materials and equipment; submits accurate paperwork on schedule; prepares adequately for responsibilities to be assumed when absent.
- Accounts for student attendance and punctuality; directs the conduct of students in accordance with policies at all times; takes all reasonable measures to protect students’ health and safety.
- Follows all county, state, and federal policies and procedures.
- Meets certification and accreditation standards.
- Seeks to improve through professional development and evaluation activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned by appropriate administrator.
The Muscogee County School District provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Should you need more information; please visit: [...]