- Appropriate PA teacher Early Childhood certification.
- BA required in appropriate major study, masters preferred but not required.
- Teaching job experience required but will vary based on vacancy.
- Must be able to organize a classroom and deliver a coherent educational program to students using a developmentally appropriate practice.
- Must be able to organize and deliver a positive program for parents.
- Strong communication and motivational skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate and work with students, staff and parents.
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find acceptable and appropriate.
REPORTS TO: Principal
SUPERVISES: Not applicable
JOB GOAL: To ensure that each student will think critically, communicate effectively, understand cultural heritage and diversity, respect human dignity and be responsible to self and community and become a contributing member of society.
- Meet and instruct assigned classes in the locations and at the times designated.
- Maintain good classroom organization, management and discipline.
- Conduct an ongoing assessment of student progress in order to provide instruction to ensure continuous student growth.
- Provide an appropriate educational program for each student in conjunction with the goals of the Strategic Plan.
- Demonstrate appropriate planning, the use of a variety of instructional techniques and strategies.
- Maintain student records including all required paperwork.
- Communicate regularly with parents and be available for educational purposes outside the instructional day when required or requested.
- Provide home visits/workshops to meet the needs of the student and primary care giver.
- Knowledge of assessing social agencies.
- Pursue ongoing professional growth opportunities.
- Plan purposeful assignments for teacher assistant(s) and volunteer(s) and, in conjunction with principal, evaluate their job performance.
- Attend staff meetings, and department meetings and serves on building and District committees as requested.
- Supervise corridors, recess, lavatories, lunchrooms, and dismissals as assigned.
- Assist in emergency situations which may include carrying and lifting special needs students, pushing wheel chairs or other assignments necessary for the safety of all.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Board's request.
EVALUATION: Evaluation will be determined according to Teacher Contract Evaluation.
Sitting for limited periods of time.
100% physically active, standing and walking for extended periods of time.
Kneeling, bending, crouching, stooping, and squatting.
Ability to climb stairs.
Lifting - up to 25-30 lbs. (occasionally up to 50 lbs.)
Visual acuity to read correspondence.
Ability to speak clearly and distinctly.
Ability to work as a member of a team.
Must have a positive attitude, cooperative spirit, and sensitivity in relating to student, staff, parents, and community.
Ability to interpret detailed written and verbal communications.
Ability to perform basic math skills.
Frequently fast-paced; high-pressure situation.
Normal classroom and student home environment.