Types of Jobs - Finance / Accounting
The role of the Team Manager - Fund Accounting is to deliver a first class level of client service to the clients CACEIS Ireland Limited by planning and organising the workflows and by training, organising and motivating a team of fund accountants to deliver this service.
The clients’ level of satisfaction and the level of the teams’ satisfaction as gauged through the review process shall be the key indicators of success.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
· Attend management meetings on a regular basis.
· Liaise with the Client Relationship department regarding take-on of new funds.
· Determine resource requirements for the short and medium term needs of the business.
· Manage the personnel side of the team to include the appraisal process; training plans and the annual leave process.
· Organise the workflows on a revolving four-week cycle and co-ordinate this with the Head of Unit - Fund Accounting (HoU).
· Ensure the implementation of agreed timetables.
· Ensure that the procedures and agreed controls are followed and that they meet current business requirements and client needs.
· Ensure that teams share ideas and implement standard practices across the teams.
· Ensure that all NAV’s are correct and issued on time.
· Implement a high-level review process to ensure the accuracy of the NAVs.
· Produce status reports as agreed with the HoU.
· Contribute effectively at management meetings and participate fully in the planning process.
· Meet with clients on an ongoing basis to discuss a standard agenda, surrounding client servicing and the level of client satisfaction.
· Ensure that all NAV/client issues are recorded in Matrisk so that the management team are fully aware of all issues.
· Ensure that all team members are kept up-to-date with developments in the Company.
· Ensure timely escalation of issues to the HoU
· Ensure all team members have a clear and precise job description.
· Ensure all team members’ appraisals are completed on time.
· Ensure that the annual leave cycle for the team is managed such that the levels of client service are consistent at all times.
· Manage the training plan for each member of the team.
· Bring any issues affecting the performance of individuals or teams to the attention of the HoU and / or the HR Manager.
Key Development Activities
· Ensure that FA processes are continuously developed and improved to ensure that CACEIS’ clients are given the highest level of service and quality.
· Responsible for driving this process with the FA team.
· Assist in the development of the business and shall help in identifying potential problems that may lie ahead, in relation to client servicing, personnel issues etc.
Bachelor Degree / BSc Degree or equivalent
• Third level qualification desirable.
• The candidate should have a minimum of 8 years' experience within Fund Accounting and a minimum of 4 years at Assistant Manager level
• Procedural Expertise.
• Knowledge of varying fund types such as Retail Funds, Mutual and Hedge Funds.
• A self starter with thinks strategically and enjoys problem solving.
• To be client focused.
• Ability to take responsibility and meet deadlines.
• Organised and methodical in their approach to work, with an ability to prioritise.
• A team player who enjoys working in a team environment.
• Good interpersonal and communication skills and an ability to work on their own initiative are essential.
• Computer literacy is essential, skilled in the use of Microsoft Excel, Word, & Powerpoint.