Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 325 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
As a Technology and Information Security Oversight Manager Supporting the Technology and Information Security mission, you will report to PayPal EMEA CISO and play a key role in overseeing technology and information security risks.
Participate in the Technology and Information Security Oversight governance and operations of PayPal regulated entity operating in Russia
*Fluent written and spoken Russian is mandatory for this position*
- Contribute to the implementation of the information security strategy aligned with business objectives, and regulatory requirements
- Participate in the regional policies and processes lifecycle to address risk and compliance obligations
- Verify that Technology and Information Security policies and procedures adequately address regional regulatory and risk requirements
- Maintain and report business-relevant metrics to measure the efficiency and effectiveness of technology controls
- Implement information security awareness and training as part of the global awareness program
Manage and oversee Technology and Information Security risks
- Support technology risk management framework in cooperation with the risk and compliance functions
- Monitor and report key risk indicators (KRI)
- Monitor technology and information security trends to understand potential new threats, vulnerabilities and control deficiencies to maintain the effectiveness of the risk management framework
- Maintain security risk management framework properly documented and updated. Re-evaluate effectiveness of the risk management framework after major changes.
- Oversee known information security issues and monitor remediation progress.
- Participate in development, review and test of Business Continuity Plans and Disaster Recovery Plans
Maintain regulatory compliance and regulatory engagement
- Ensure conformity with policies and regulatory obligations.
- Monitor and evaluate emerging regulations
- Support actively audits and regulatory inspections
Test and validate the control framework
- Verify that controls in place to detect and prevent the emergence of technology related risks are properly documented and effectively applied
- Participate in the continuing development of security testing plan
- Evaluate and report on control effectiveness and coverage based on the security testing results.
Enable key business initiatives and projects
- Participate, coordinate and deliver on key business projects and initiatives as subject matter expert for the second line of defence
- Act as a key member of PayPal Russia leadership team, bridging the needs of the region with global technology and information security oversight expertise and leadership.
- Participate in product development to ensure technical alignment with requirements
- Maintain and report on the adequacy of control remediation plans and evidence to close remediation actions
The skills that set you apart.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 3+ years of experience in Information Technology, Information Security, Enterprise Risk Management or Technology Advisory
- International experience over cross-functional matrix team structures
- Critical thinker with strong problem-solving skills
- Experience in risk management methodologies, control frameworks and industry standards (e.g. ISO, COBIT, NIST, ITIL, ENISA, PCI).
- Valid and relevant professional certifications (e.g. CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, CCSP, PCI-ISA)
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Fluent written and spoken Russian is mandatory
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.