Position at Hill+Knowlton Strategies
In this role, you will directly and indirectly lead key accounts and act as a senior level client advisor across the sector. You will be responsible for helping drive the sector’s revenue and profitability growth across the Greater China, identifying and growing talent, leading significant client engagements, spearheading new business efforts and ensuring our participation in the pitch lists that matter.
Furthermore, you will help rollout a differentiated global offering for tech sector clients and prospects, further positioning H+K as a go-to provider in this space. Clearly communicating our distinctive work and the depth of our capabilities both internally and externally is vital to the success of this role.
Our clients span the entire technology and innovation infrastructure, from global telecom giants to fast growth Chinese companies. We cover technology hardware, software, services as well as emergent consumer services and enterprise solutions, with a growing focus is on innovation clients.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead and/or contribute to the success and acquisition of key accounts in the Technology Sector in Greater China.
- Help our clients effectively tell their stories to the audiences they care about and quickly engage as lead counsel in crises that arise where reputation risk is managed at the senior-most level.
- Create digital and traditional experiences that engage our clients’ audiences in creative, effective and efficient ways.
- Help our clients (re)connect in an age of almost unlimited information to (re)build trust.
- Support the Greater China leadership team in creating and driving initiatives that build our offer to clients across the market.
- Regularly publish thought leadership, being recognized as an expert on market trends, needs, and opportunities within the sector as it relates to public relations, digital, media, and content development.
- Support a “best team” approach for every client opportunity, personally lending support and direction to help individuals and teams realize their full potential while ensuring profitability, growth and creativity to our accounts.
- Be omnipresent in the market, promoting H+K Strategies while developing new business opportunities and expanding current client reach.
- Lead consistent and quality-based best practices in prospective client development and engagement including: innovative proposal development, pitch preparation and delivery, and the creation of idea-driven credentials and other new business and marketing materials.
- Weigh risks and opportunities in making business decisions, including new business acquisitions.
- Use data, informed by awareness of internal and external factors, to develop meaningful trend analysis and insights that develop the practice.
- Monitor marketplace for new trends and competitive activities and develop innovative positioning, unique selling points, and relevant products.
- Be a thoughtful senior leader in the Technology Sector in Greater China, identifying opportunities, and quickly reacting to and sharing new insights with an eye to the broader success of H+K as a whole.
- Partner with the GC Senior Leaders during the annual business planning processes.
- Build and maintain effective working relationships across the global network including global and regional client, geography, sector and service leaders.
- Act as a thoughtful, inspiring, and engaging leader, particularly around team development and engagement, providing opportunities to develop core skills and providing feedback through formal and informal channels.
- Act as a mentor and champion of your team members, encouraging a high level of strategic thinking and creativity while providing guidance on daily activities such as responding to RFPs, and managing engagements and client needs.
- Have a strong understanding of the individual capabilities, strengths and opportunities for Technology Sector team members in Greater China.
At least 10 years’ experience leading public relations strategies at a senior level. Experience leading accounts or practices within an agency and/or leading strategic corporate public relations programs within the Technology sector in Greater China.
Chinese language capacity is preferred, and Chinese clients experience is essential
Demonstrated track record driving growth through client acquisition, development, and extended engagement.
A recognized strategic client thought partner with a proven ability to manage complex client relationships.
Excellent communications skills, able to articulate complex issues clearly to individuals, small groups and large audiences in both written and verbal form.
A strong team orientation, with experience leading and being a member of diverse virtual global teams.
Significant first-hand, on-the-ground experience working in Greater China.
Strong time management skills, meeting team and client needs while balancing and prioritizing conflicting demands appropriately.
Exceptionally strong analytical skills.
Strong knowledge of financial drivers of the business; can act as a strategic counsel to our clients’ c-suite.
Proven understanding of trends, opportunities and key players within the Technology market, with an ability to identify, quickly communicate, and act upon “what’s next”.
Skilled and excited about working in a fast paced, change focused organization while modelling corporate values.