As an increasing number of large enterprises move their critical systems to the cloud, we are in need of high-powered technical leaders to help our largest customers navigate the operational challenges of cloud computing. You will work one-on-one with our top-tier customers, supporting the software development lifecycle for cloud services, operations management of active services, and business relationships with AWS.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to help shape and execute a strategy to build mindshare and broad use of Amazon Web Services within organizations ranging from new start-ups to large enterprise customers. You must possess customer-facing skills that enable you to represent AWS well within a customer’s environment and drive discussions with senior personnel regarding incidents, trade-offs, best practices, and risk management. You should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges as you help our customers take advantage of the efficiencies, cost savings and quick innovation available only in the cloud.
As a Technical Account Manager, you will be the primary operational point of contact for one or more customers, helping to plan, review, and oversee ongoing operations of business critical applications. You will leverage your broad experience, troubleshooting application, network, database, and architectural challenges using the suite of internal AWS tools as well as your existing knowledge and toolkits. You will work across customer organizations to ensure customers’ applications are well designed and scale to the needs of the world’s largest events e.g., the Super Bowl, the World Cup and the Olympics. In this role, you will also act as the voice of the customer within AWS to escalate problems and to drive prioritization of business needs for our customers.
Every day will bring new and exciting challenges on the job while you:
· Champion and advocate for Enterprise customers within Amazon Web Services (be their voice)
· Solve technical issues and work directly with AWS engineers to ensure that customer issues are resolved as expediently as possible
· Participate in deep architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment in the cloud
· Help Enterprise customers define IT and business processes that work well with cloud deployments
· Engage with Director and C-Level executives to translate business needs into technical and operational plans
· Provide detailed reviews of service disruptions, metrics, detailed prelaunch planning
· Analyze and present operational reviews to customer leadership