Qualcomm Technologies International GmbH
Job Area:Engineering Group, Engineering Group > Software Engineering
Qualcomm is a company of inventors that unlocked 5G ushering in an age of rapid acceleration in connectivity and new possibilities that will transform industries, create jobs, and enrich lives. But this is just the beginning. It takes inventive minds with diverse skills, backgrounds, and cultures to transform 5Gs potential into world-changing technologies and products. This is the Invention Age - and this is where you come in.
This role is not based in Ingolstadt, it will be remote based in Berlin with a telecommuting agreement.
Automotive is the first major industry that Qualcomm is disrupting by building on our foundational leadership, differentiation, and scale in mobile. In just a few years, Qualcomm has gone from newcomer to trusted technology leader in the automotive infotainment segment, securing design wins with many of the major automakers worldwide. Automakers have come to rely on us not only for modem technology, where Qualcomm is the #1 semiconductor in telematics, but also as their trusted partner for redefining the in-car infotainment and cockpit experience. We have debuted our third-generation infotainment product line and are now a leader in the automotive infotainment category for next-generation designs. Snapdragon is expanding in its capabilities to power the next-generation cockpit experience as the media and information centre in the vehicle, which drives significant audio, video, graphics, camera, and software complexity. AI is also now expanding the horizon and bringing new use cases to customers.
The Technical Account Manager (TAM) is an engineering role coordinating all aspects of technical support assigned to the program and is the primary communication channel with customers for technical topics during the development. Technical support will be managed throughout the full lifecycle from concept through factory introduction and mass production maintenance for EMEA OEMs and Tier1s.
The TAM closely tracks and understand customers technical requirements/issues along with priorities/schedules and then will translate them into actions for internal teams. TAM will need to mobilize the required expertise calling on HW/SW application engineers, R&D and Quality and Reliability engineering. The prime measure of success is the quality and responsiveness of the technical support delivered to the assigned project.
An ideal candidate will be coming with strong Embedded engineering background with project management experience.
The successful candidate will get a chance to work on cutting edge infotainment/digital cockpit technologies from leading Auto manufacturers and Tier1s and see the projects through to commercialization.
- Solid technical knowledge of Qualcomms Automotive products, technologies, and roadmap.
- Negotiating, establishing, and managing effective technical support activities & plans towards customers
- Tracking customer program schedules and priorities, risk management.
- Assessing complex technical issues arising from customer product developments
- Leading and coordinating engineering resources in resolving complex technical issues
- Building, maintaining, and leveraging a network of engineering specialists within Qualcomm
- Organizing technical training, design reviews and engineering workshops on behalf of customers
- Hosting conference calls and web meetings
- Providing Technical support to business development
- Building trusted relationship status with customers and Qualcomm internal teams
* This role involves European and global travel up to 25% *
- 7+ years Software Applications Engineering, Software Development experience, or related work experience.
- 4+ Years of Customer interfacing management experience.
- Experience with Embedded software development, integration, debugging.
- Experience with C/C++ programming
- Knowledge of System on Chip, Real-time Operating Systems, and Hypervisors
- Familiarity with one or more software platforms: QNX, GHS, Linux Containers
- Good Communication and Excellent Team working skills
- Team player with a successful track-record of working inside diverse global organizations
- Experience with Automotive Infotainment Systems
- Technical Project management ideally within Automotive, Infotainment,
- Knowledge Automotive SOC s and architectures
- Familiarity with Multimedia Display, Graphics Audio, ADAS.
- Knowledge of Automotive IVI Applications, Requirements, KPIs and Use Cases
- Technical background in systems, software, multimedia and/or hardware
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to simultaneously support multiple projects and to work across functions Leadership, communication, and reporting skills
* Preference will be given to German Speaking Candidates *
*Advantageous would be recent experience in Automotive Application *
Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science, Electronics, or related field., (Masters Preferred)
WE INVENT THE TECH THE WORLD LOVES, SO IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN LEARNING MORE [...] to a particular number of years experience are for indicative purposes only. Applications from candidates with equivalent experience will be considered, provided that the candidate can demonstrate an ability to fulfill the principal duties of the role and possesses the required competencies.
Applicants: If you are an individual with a disability and need an accommodation during the application/hiring process, please call Qualcomm’s toll-free number found here for assistance. Qualcomm will provide reasonable accommodations, upon request, to support individuals with disabilities to be able participate in the hiring process. Qualcomm is also committed to making our workplace accessible for individuals with disabilities. Qualcomm is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity.
To all Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: Our Careers Site is only for individuals seeking a job at Qualcomm. Staffing and recruiting agencies and individuals being represented by an agency are not authorized to use this site or to submit profiles, applications or resumes, and any such submissions will be considered unsolicited. Qualcomm does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from agencies. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Qualcomm employees or any other company location. Qualcomm is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.