Relocation Assistance Offered Within Country
# 88600 - Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Colgate-Palmolive is seeking an AWS System Administrator to join our team in Piscataway, NJ.
The AWS System Administrator is responsible for maintaining the Colgate-Palmolive website delivery and Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) solutions, providing production support and working on diverse internal projects including assisting in the migration of the Colgate-Palmolive legacy web platform to Amazon WebServices (AWS). The focus for this position will be on supporting Linux, Amazon Web Services (AWS), VPC, EC2, LightSail, API Gateway, Oracle and Open VPN for Cloud based hosted environments.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
● Graduate degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or MIS
● 5-8 years overall IT experience
● 2-3 or more years of hands-on experience operating AWS-based applications
● 2-4 years' experience with Linux administration or Linux+ certification
● 1-3 years' experience with Microsoft server administration
● Experience running web scale services on Amazon AWS
● Expert knowledge of Linux
● Expert knowledge of Apache
● Expert knowledge of chef, puppet or other Infrastructure Automation framework
● Experience with scripting (bash, PowerShell)
● Some experience with - .NET, Drupal, MS-SQL, MySQL, WordPress
● Proven analytical thinking and problem solving skills
● Must exhibit strong written, verbal and listening communication skills
● Must be able to communicate in technical and non-technical terms depending on the audience.
● Ability and desire to thrive in a team-oriented, fast-paced environment
The ideal candidate will have one or more of the following:
● 1-3 years' experience with relational database technologies (Oracle 11g Server a plus)
● Experience with third party tools for process automation, reporting, ETL, etc.
● Experience using backup / disaster recovery tools within AWS
● Experience with monitoring, alerting, and analytics tools
● Experience with application / data migration to AWS
● AWS Cloud Solution Architect Amazon Elasticsearch Service Roles:
● Will be responsible for AWS systems engineering, administration, operations, and support for all Cloud based Servers and assuring the quality of software product releases and assisting customers with product related issues.
● Will lead hands-on engineering, administration and technical support
● Will lead and perform diagnostics of problems, troubleshoot and develop solutions for production issues
● Keep our infrastructure up and running smoothly
● Deploying, managing, and operating scalable, highly available, and fault tolerant systems on AWS
● Selecting the appropriate AWS service based on compute, data, or security requirements
● Identifying appropriate use of AWS operational best practices
● Estimating AWS usage costs and identifying operational cost control mechanisms
● Automate the build and deploy process so that you can maintain the entire infrastructure from anywhere
● Produce weekly activity reports, oral presentations, briefings, standard operating procedures (SOPs), software development life-cycle (SDLC) documents and checklists, risk and issues logs and required artifacts.
● Work directly with consultants and technicians from vendor companies
● Work with the entire team to solve difficult problems
Equal Opportunity Employer
Colgate is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, marital status, veteran status (United States positions), or any other characteristic protected by law.
Are you interested in working for Colgate-Palmolive? You can apply online and attach all relevant documents such as a cover letter and resume or CV. Applications received by e-mail are not considered in the selection process. Become part of our team. We look forward to your application.
Colgate-Palmolive is a leading global consumer products company, tightly focused on Oral Care, Personal Care, Home Care and Pet Nutrition. Colgate sells its products in over 200 countries and territories around the world under such internationally recognized brand names as Colgate, Palmolive, elmex, Tom’s of Maine, Sorriso, Speed Stick, Lady Speed Stick, Softsoap, Irish Spring, Protex, Sanex, Elta MD, PCA Skin, Ajax, Axion, Fabuloso, Soupline and Suavitel, as well as Hill’s Science Diet and Hill’s Prescription Diet.
For more information about Colgate’s global business, visit the Company’s web site at . To learn more about Colgate Bright Smiles, Bright Futures® oral health education program, please visit . To learn more about Hill's and the Hill’s Food, Shelter & Love program please visit . To learn more about Tom’s of Maine please visit .
Reasonable accommodation during the application process is available for persons with disabilities. Please contact Application_Accommodation@colpal.com with the subject "Accommodation Request" should you require accommodation.
Your application will be forwarded to Application_Accommodation@colpal.com
Please review all application instructions before applying.