As an Application Developer, you will lead IBM into the future by translating system requirements into the design and development of customized systems in an agile environment. The success of IBM is in your hands as you transform vital business needs into code and drive innovation. Your work will power IBM and its clients globally, collaborating and integrating code into enterprise systems. You will have access to the latest education, tools and technology, and a limitless career path with the world’s technology leader. Come to IBM and make a global impact!
Your Role and Responsibilities
- 5+ years Design and develop web-based search and analytics application using Java and other web technologies;
- Create detail design documents and estimation for business requirements;
- Ability to perform design and development tasks independently;
- Self starter who can ramp up quickly and become productive member of the team;
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
As a Technical Architect in IBM, You will:
- Lead project requirements with hands-on codes, tests, debugs, implements, and documents programs. Assists in the modification of products and systems to meet the needs of the client and/or end-user.
- Contribute materially to a well-informed cloud strategy and manage our Cloud Adoption Model
- Explore new technologies and drive innovation through experimentation
- Build competency center and subject matter expertise that business and tech stakeholders can depend on
- Performs advanced and complex programming, coding and documentation of systems and applications software.
- Conduct, and guides others, in technical software development, testing and debug systems and software applications, as needed.
- Compile and prioritize enhancements and defect resolutions to applications, implementing changes.
- Analyze business requirements and prepare detailed technical specifications to write applications and programs.
- Key contributor into the strategy and technical planning of system/application technology in accordance with internal and external software compliance standards
- Recommend and develop security measures in post implementation analysis of business usage to ensure successful system design and functionality
- Consult with users/clients and other technology groups on issues, recommend advanced programming solutions, and install and assist customer exposure systems
- Work with business stakeholders in defining the lifestyle app strategy and roadmap. Bring product thinking into all business requirements across countries. Interface with business, UX and technology teams to drive towards common requirements
- Manage and lead Agile / Scrum development teams in design and development activities and guide them on technical direction.
Preferred Technical and Professional ExpertiseAbout you:
You are someone we are looking for if you have the following expertise:
- Preferably have completed at least one (3) project using Scrum or equivalent as the Agile software development framework if participating in an Agile development project.
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
- Knowledge and experience with REST APIs, creating API centric microservices applications, working and connecting with API.
- Proficiency in one or more API M platforms (WSO2 / Mulesoft / Azure/AWS API gateway/ Apigee).
- Proficiency in one or more backend languages (Spring boot / NodeJS / Python).
- Proficiency in one or more frontend framework (HTML5 / Angular / React).
- Experience developing on both mobile and web platforms.
- A proven track record of successful project/product implementation with Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, Pair programming, and Test-Driven Development.
- Knowledge in Redis, Docker, Jenkins, Teamcity, SVN, GIT, and GIT LAB.
- Working knowledge of the general Mobile App development landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies.
- Ability to build applications using distributed microservice architecture, and capacity to debug and optimize code and automate routine tasks
- Understand API architectures; hands on experience with designing and deploying APIs through API gateways and portals, including API documentation using standards such as OpenAPI/Swagger
- Familiarity with modern Public Cloud services on AWS and Azure; relevant certifications preferred
- Diploma/Degree in Computer Science, Computing, Electrical Engineering, IT or equivalent with Java training or certification with
- At least one (5) year experience in system analysis, design, and programming.
- full stack development experience
- Experienced in Cloud and Data application such as React.JS, Power BI, Kong, AWS
- Excellent communication and articulation skills.
About Business Unit
IBM Consulting is IBM’s consulting and global professional services business, with market leading capabilities in business and technology transformation. With deep expertise in many industries, we offer strategy, experience, technology, and operations services to many of the most innovative and valuable companies in the world. Our people are focused on accelerating our clients’ businesses through the power of collaboration. We believe in the power of technology responsibly used to help people, partners and the planet.
Your Life @ IBM
Are you craving to learn more? Prepared to solve some of the world's most unique challenges? And ready to shape the future for millions of people? If so, then it's time to join us, express your individuality, unleash your curiosity and discover new possibilities.
Every IBMer, and potential ones like yourself, has a voice, carves their own path, and uses their expertise to help co-create and add to our story. Together, we have the power to make meaningful change – to alter the fabric of our clients, of society and IBM itself, to create a truly positive impact and make the world work better for everyone.
It's time to define your career.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.
Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business.
At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.