Job Type: Permanent
Primary Location: Vancouver
All Available Locations: Victoria
Learn from deep subject matter experts through mentoring and on the job coaching
Be encouraged to deepen your technical skills…whatever those may be.
Have many careers in one Firm.
A career in Consulting will offer you the opportunity to work in a fast growing and challenging environment with like-minded people who are eminent in their respective technical field, develop solutions through debate and discussion, in our teams and with clients, continue your professional development to reinforce and expand your chosen career path and work with high profile clients on a variety of Canadian and international engagements.
As a Manager of Health Technology, you would work with our BC practice team to design, develop and implement health technology and integration that meet the needs of our clients. You will be responsible for architecture of complex solutions solving real world problems, for leadership and support for full development cycle including requirements analysis, design, development, implementation, testing, and deployment, manage, and motivate diverse project teams of 5-10 people. You will cultivate relationships with clients and ensure complete satisfaction through the realization of business benefits from the project. You will prepare and present material to senior client management, support RFP responses or proposals, build market eminence, and pursue new client opportunities. You will develop your expertise in a specialization, contribute to practice growth and development, participate in the development and delivery of training programs, conducting design architect reviews, gap analysis and assessment and selecting systems and capabilities to meet business requirements and evaluating new techniques for improved functionality.
The Healthcare Team at Deloitte includes more than 100 seasoned professionals across Canada who understand our clients' challenges and specializes in serving all segments of the Canadian health system. Each of our professionals is a strategic thinker with a passion for implementation and results. As trusted advisors to many leading health organizations, we have been instrumental in shaping the evolution of the Canadian health industry. Some of our key clients include: Health Canada, Canada Health Infoway, The Hospital for Sick Children, Sunnybrook & Women's College Health Sciences Centre, University Health Network and the Ontario Ministry of Health and Long Term Care in Ontario , Alberta Health and Alberta Health Services in Alberta and BC Ministry of Health and Vancouver Costal Health in BC to name a few. We are looking to add to our successful practice in Canada and are seeking an experienced Manager to join our team.
You are someone who is:
• Strong architecture skills, health System architecture and integration experience and demonstrated experience with large EMR implementation and operation with Meditech solutions is required – additional experience with Cerner, Epic, or other health system solutions (e.g. repositories, registries and HIE’s) is a plus
• 6 years minimum leading projects and 3 years minimum working within the healthcare sector, either as a technical professional or a health information systems/health informatics professional.
• At least one project deploying Hospital information system or health system solutions
• Graduate studies in a relevant discipline (e.g. computer science or engineering, health professional, health informatics, health systems administration) preferred.
• Experience with information management, electronic health records and/or health information technology within a healthcare setting.
• Working with interdisciplinary groups and teams, including physicians and other allied health professionals.
• Business development experience an asset, but not required;
• Technical knowledge/skills: Experience with implementing Meditech HIS, with health industry standards (e.g. Health Level 7), with one or more SDLC methodologies, with other major EMR’s and/or health system solutions (e.g. repositories, registries and HIE’s), with one or more formal approaches to system modelling, advanced knowledge/experience with Microsoft Professional Suite (Word, Excel, & PowerPoint) required, experience as a lead technical professional in one or more of an application development project, or a system implementation engagement, proven knowledge transfer/training skills.
Launch your career with The One Firm where you can make an impact that matters in a way that you never thought possible. With endless opportunities at every turn, and a culture built to support and develop our people to be the very best they can be, Deloitte is The One Firm for you to learn, grow, create, connect, and lead. We do this by making three commitments to you:
The next step is yours
Sound like The One Firm. For You?
At Deloitte we are all about doing business inclusively – that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities! We encourage you to connect with us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you require an accommodation in the recruitment process, or need this job posting in an alternative format. We’d love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.