SW is a progressive advisory and accounting firm with an 80-year
history in Australia that understands relationships make all the
difference in creating opportunities and delivering great outcomes
for our clients and our people.
In Australia, we operate in Melbourne, Sydney, Perth and
Brisbane, with over 270 people and 34 Partners nationally. We
provide a full range of audit, business advisory, corporate
finance, tax, private clients and wealth management solutions.
Our vision and values are clear - we provide excellent client
service and encourage a culture of staff learning and development.
These values are visible in the conduct of all our staff who
demonstrate professionalism and integrity every day.
Joining the SW team in our brand-new role of Accounting &
Taxation Technical Consultant is a great opportunity to bring your
well-established skills and be an integral part of our Business
& Private Client Advisory Division (BPCA).
Some of your key outcomes will be:
- Applying your expertise within taxation law and accounting
standards when reviewing accounting & taxation work and
ensure the final compliance package is consistently completed
to a high professional standard across the BPCA division.
- Managing the standardisation of the compliance review
process across the BPCA division.
- Providing guidance, training and assistance to Senior
Staff, Assistant Managers and Managers in all matters regarding
the compliance review process.
- Being an active member of the BPCA Operations Group. You
will identify and implement measures that will assist the
division meet key performance indicators and overall quality
Skills and Experience
If this sounds like your next opportunity, to set you up for
success, you will bring the following skills, attributes and
experiences to SW:
- At least ten years’ experience working in a Business
Services environment in a Chartered/CPA accounting firm with
exposure to a range of small, medium and large client groups
across a cross section of industries & investment
- You will have been exposed to a variety of accounting &
taxation issues with varying degrees of complexity.
- Be a fully qualified CA/CPA.
- You will be technically proficient and up to date with
changing taxation law and accounting developments.
- Have prior experience working with APS, Xero, MYOB,
Quickbooks and be competent in Microsoft Excel.
You will also bring the following knowledge, expertise and
skills to the role:
- Taxation Compliance - The ability to accurately review
taxation (and other statutory) returns and apply expertise to
identify and resolve a wide range of client taxation
- Taxation Advisory - The ability to provide internal advice
on tax issues.
Appropriate knowledge on core tax issues including:
- Income Tax
- Division 7A
- Company & Trust Loss Provisions
- Trust Income Principles
- Capital Gains Tax & Rollovers
- Small Business Concessions
- Government Stimulus and Economic Response Measures
- International Tax matters (general knowledge)
- Land Tax, Payroll Tax and Stamp Duty
- Financial Statements- The ability to accurately review
financial statements and management accounts. Demonstrate an
understanding of changes to general purpose accounting
reporting requirements, along with an appropriate knowledge of
accounting standards and policies.
- Company Secretarial - Advanced knowledge of ASIC
requirements and Corporations Law.
Why join our team?
- We believe in building meaningful relationships with our
new team members from the moment we first connect
- Join a firm that is growing and open to change and
disruption in today’s economy
- Our clients operate across the globe and our people reflect
- This is real life, so there will be times when you need to
work extra hours to deliver for our clients. But we give you
those hours back in quieter periods through a benefit we call
- Maintain a balanced lifestyle, with two extra paid days off
a year, volunteer leave, sporting, community and social
- Our values are at the very heart of our firm and guide the
way we interact within our firm and the manner in which we
interact and engage with you
- Building a career at SW Australia will see you join a
hardworking and friendly team that values creating
opportunities for our people and our clients. Create your own
individual story and become a part of ours.
now’ to be taken through to the SW Australia career
website. Please note applications are only able to be received
If you would like to find more about the role or have any
questions, you can reach out to Stephanie Berry, P&C Business
Partner on 03 8102 3432