Location: Singapore, SingaporeIn fast changing markets, customers worldwide rely on Thales. Thales is a business where brilliant people from all over the world come together to share ideas and inspire each other. In aerospace, transportation, defence, security and space, our architects design innovative solutions that make our tomorrow's possible.Thales in Singapore has been present since 1973, providing state-of-the-art solutions for customers in the aerospace, defence, security and transportation markets. Today, Thales in Singapore employs over 600 people and is home to all regional avionics services, a ground transportation integration centre, and regional innovation hub.
As a Technical Consultant in the Banking and Payment Services business team, you will work in partnership with the Sales team and Development Engineers to deliver high-quality support to our esteemed customers in the banking and payment industry.
- Provide pre-Sales support as a complement to the Sales process, including the analysis of the customer requests, in terms of Cards and Solutions
- Be responsible for all technical activities of local & regional projects, and direct report to Technical Manager
- Be a technical interface for customers/channel/internal stakeholders and actively seek to understand the Customer’s technical needs and to identify possible solutions, based on Thales DIS current product map
- Project management and coordination with customer/vendor/partner on pre-sales activity, system deployment, validation, post-sales activity and maintenance support
- Define the Requirements Specifications for the Customers assigned to you, in the context of your accounts management
- May take part in the project implementation of solutions
- Occasional travel within the country/region is required
- Diploma or Bachelor Degree holder in Computer Science/Electronics/Engineering. Additional Business School degree is welcomed.
- Experience in Project Management, with ability to multi-task and manage various project elements simultaneously
- A first experience (1 to 3 years) in a relevant field (preferably Smartcard, Embedded Software or Services provider background, Telecom or Secure Transactions area) or equivalent experience within Thales
- Programming experience in Java card, C++, web programming, VB, .Net and knowledge of smart card software programming is an advantage and/or system development in HSM is an advantage
- Capacity to manage high stress situations, Work under pressure and meet deadlines with a positive attitude
- Be tenacious in problem solving and prepared to invest whatever effort is required to get the job done
- Attention to detail, Organized, rigorous and autonomous
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English
- Customer and business oriented
- Good teamwork and interpersonal skills
- May require some business travel
This position will be based in our office in Singapore. If you believe you can thrive in this dynamic team-based and global business, we would like to hear from you.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!