- Job skills Civil, Structural and Architectural
Position: Associate Technical Director
Type: Full Time
An opportunity to work for is the leading global Design & Consultancy firm for natural and built assets. Active in over 70 countries that generate €3.5 billion in revenues.
Principal Duties & Key Responsibilities;
• The role will be predominantly technical, and the individual will be expected to have a good foundation in the following:
• As an experienced Chartered Engineer, you will provide Technical leadership to an established team of engineers and BIM Modellers.
• As an excellent communicator, you will be the key-point of contact between the 6 UK Bridge teams and the Bangalore team.
• You will be expected to grow enduring, collaborative relations with the UK Bridges Leadership Team as well as the wider Infrastructure business in the UK and India.
• Your appointment will be the catalyst for further recruitment within the team to supporting a growing workload from the UK, this will include developing relationships with Universities and supporting a programme of internships and effective graduate recruitment in engineering and BIM
• You will be responsible for the development and career progression of all members of the team and ensure all staff are nurtured and supported to be the best they can be. This will include encouraging more staff to become Chartered Engineers & mentoring.
• You will be experienced in line managing people and take on line management responsibility for key staff in the team.
• Take responsibility for ensuring staff are effectively resourced onto projects
• Be responsible for growing the capability of the team to deliver projects in the UK and overseas in the Highways and Rail Sectors.
• To take overall responsibility for delivery of all work undertaken by the team to programme and budget. Workload will include delivering projects for major clients such as HS2, Highways England, Transport for London etc
• You will input into the bidding process on key pursuits
BE (Civil) , M Tech (Structures) degree with 15+ years of Bridge Design consulting experience
Chartered Engineer with ICE or IStructE seeking Fellowship with chosen Institution
We take pride in placing our candidates on many of the most exciting projects in the world.