We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Customer Technical EngineerOverview
• This role reports through to the Manager, Customer Operations Support in the Welwyn Garden City Office / Brisbane Office / St Louis Office for the MasterCard Payment Gateway Services Division
• Based within the Merchant Services space you will provide Level 2 technical support to the Mastercard Level 1 Legacy Payment Gateway Support team in Manila, Phillipines, as well as internal and external customers. Hours of work are 37.5 hours per week which are worked between 7:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m., Monday to Sunday.
However, from time to time you may be required to work beyond the stipulated hours due to operational requirements. Your Base Salary includes payment for all hours worked. You will not be entitled to any additional payment in respect of additional hours worked unless otherwise specified.
• Technical and general support is provided to customers through your direct support of the Level 1 team in Manila, following phone or email escalation requests from both internal and external customers
• You will need to bring with you to this role your drive to learn and develop as well as demonstrate effective communication skills in both written and verbal forms
• Manage the administration of merchant on boarding, profile configuration and reporting
• Provide second level technical support to the Level 1 Legacy Support team based in Manila Phillipines for the purpose of providing operational support of the MasterCard Legacy Payment Gateway platform;
• Supports and manages escalated technical incidents that are recorded and tracked within the CRM system and where required, raised to the Engineering team for development/bug fixes.
• Prepare and distribute communications with customers, partners, services providers and other MasterCard departments, including communications throughout incidents, as well as general reporting and informational communications;
• Complete daily, weekly and monthly administration tasks;
• Complete daily handover meetings with the Asia Pacific and US teams to ensure continuous follow the sun support
• Ensure that the Manager is always informed of workload status and details of key issues;
• Work to ensure that the team can meet or exceed agreed Service Level Agreements
• Adhere to and follow MasterCard policies and procedures in all activities;
• Continuously develop knowledge of all relevant MasterCard products and services;
All About You
• Experienced in a technical customer service role
• Proven ability to communicate effectively and work collaboratively with a diverse audience and adjust language style to meet needs of the audience as required
• Knowledge of eCommerce/payments industry products and services
• An understanding of the internet, web programming languages and IP networking
• Proven ability and excellent track record in meeting and exceeding customer specific SLA's coupled with solid problem solving skills
• Demonstrated experience in CRM and Microsoft Office applications
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.