We are seeking a highly technical and experienced developer to work on the design and implementation of FXall’s UI system. The successful candidate will combine strong hands on system design and development in CORE Java with keen understanding of trader’s needs and excellent collaboration skills. You will work directly with the product management, clients and the senior management team to drive the development of FXall’s UI Platform.
• Collaborate with product managers and clients to implement features that improve the usefulness of the UI
• Participate in new development to create a unified trading platform which combines Relationship trading and Active trading.
• Ongoing technical enhancements to the POMS system to increase throughput and reduce latency.
• Deliver software projects on-time, on-scope and on-budget.
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems, engineering or other related degree
• 7+ years software engineering experience
• 2+ years of Financial software development experience required.
• Designing and implementing trading system / Order Management / PostTrade for a front-office/ e-Trading business is a plus.
Business / Product
• Experience in one or more of order management (OMS) , execution management (EMS), Order Workflows, Post Trade & Settlement, Matching Engines, GUI
• Experience in one or more underlying product areas (FX, Equities, Fixed income, futures & options) – FX highly preferred
• Strong CORE java knowledge with emphasis on efficient, high-performance code
• Strong Java Swing knowledge with emphasis on efficient, high-performance code
• System Interfaces: Socket programming, concurrent, distributed programming in Java
• Strong understanding of system analysis and design in multi-threaded applications and messaging systems. Keen understanding of the challenges in multi-threaded development and practical techniques for addressing them.
• In-depth understanding of the challenges in developing high-throughput, low-latency trading systems
• Framework Design, Design Patterns for highly scalable, high performing applications
• Knowledge of common design patterns and their application
• Experience with, and demonstrated understanding of modern software development and testing methodologies.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a small group setting to rapidly develop new products.
• Demonstrated ability to quickly and accurately translate user requirements from traders into technical deliverables w/minimal oversight from product managers and limited documentation of business requirements and functional specifications.
• Build/process management : Gradle, Git, Jenkins (or equivalent products)
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent problem solving skills
• Client-focused – ability to connect and partner with technology colleagues at FXall’s partner banks
• Team player – willing and able to drive collaborative efforts across the organization to improve product quality, reduce expense and increase productivity
• Ability and interest in working in a dynamic, focused, energetic and rapidly evolving company
Experience with the following a plus:
• Agile / rapid application development methodologies
We care about benefits too.
We support our colleagues’ wellbeing with inclusive benefits. So that's support for physical, financial, mental and environmental health, paid time off to volunteer, consumer discounts & savings and so much more. All of which are tailored to your needs and may vary by location. For more details talk to your recruiter.
Our fast paced and supportive environment is only possible due to determined, autonomous problem solvers who love our high performance culture. And as a global business, Refinitiv relies on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. So we seek hardworking, qualified employees in all our operations around the world−regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Refinitiv is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Refinitiv makes reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. If an accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact us to request an accommodation. A full list of our office locations and contact information can be found at: Refinitiv Office Locations.
Be the breakthrough, activate your future and shape ours.