Clarivate™ is a global leader in providing solutions to accelerate the lifecycle of innovation. Our bold mission is to help customers solve some of the world’s most complex problems by providing actionable information and insights that reduce the time from new ideas to life-changing inventions in the areas of science and intellectual property. We help customers discover, protect and commercialize their inventions using our trusted subscription and technology-based solutions coupled with deep domain expertise.
We now have more than 8,500 colleagues in over 40 countries worldwide, and we work with over 200 partners to deliver value and success for our customers. Today, Clarivate is a publicly traded company, listed on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker NYSE:CCC.
Clarivate is committed to building, nurturing, and developing a diverse culture of belonging where new colleagues can bring their authentic self to work every day! Join us!
The technical lead in the Compumark product group is a senior position responsible for the development team, leading the team to deliver new product features or enhance existing product features. The tech-lead will set the technical direction for the team’s deliverables and leads his team for the successful implementation by providing hands-on leadership. You will work closely with architects, QA, and other stakeholders in the organization to achieve the business objectives of the organization.
We are looking for engineers with backgrounds that span web UI, backend development, and systems engineering to join our Engineering team. Our team is creating the next generation search and SaaS applications behind the World’s most effective trademark clearance tools.
You should have experience with some or all of single-page responsive web apps, algorithmic programming, microservices, and distributed computing, web app performance engineering, data processing at scale, serverless cloud architectures, and NoSQL data storage systems.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Hand-on first-level management position responsible for the development team including their deliverables, performance, and year-end performance reviews.
- Provide hands-on technical leadership to the team.
- Review product requirement to identify gaps and refine requirements, develop execution strategy, provide time estimates and release plan, provide testing requirements, implement and deliver the solution with your team.
- Prototype product components and validate them for technical design, performance, and production readiness
- Partner with product owners, data scientists and others to gather requirements; find technical strategies to meet objectives, introduce innovative technology, and deliver production code
- Work with UX and Product Management to create UIs that make complex information and similarity search configuration simple, effective, and fun
- Maintain, improve, and integrate existing components and applications
- Follow design and delivery best practices for high-quality code, microservices REST architecture, encapsulation of legacy systems, AJAX components, and fluid UI, SOLID and DRY programming, TTD, CI/CD, etc.
- Conduct code review and advocate the best coding practices.
- Works for resolution of technical impediments by collaborating with appropriate stakeholders, proposing, developing, and delivering resolutions.
- Ensures each product meets required quality standards, identifies potential risks in quality, and works with leadership in creating mitigation plans.
- Leads defect triage meetings. Works with support and consulting teams in resolving customer issues. Interacts with customers as required in understanding, reproducing, and troubleshooting customer issues
- Provides training, guidance, feedback, coaching, and mentorship to fellow engineers. Provides technical thought leadership across the organization.
- Hire and develop the team.
- Work in an agile, rapid development, and prototyping environment where effective communication is paramount.
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Technology, or Engineering, (strongly preferred), or equivalent work experience.
- Highly proactive, result-oriented, and team player.
- A hand-on technical leader with 9+ years of experience in software development of complex distributed systems.
- Must be a hands-on technical leader with the ability to code 100% of the time,
- Exceptional experience in the field of developments, and deployment of high-volume applications both on-prem and on Cloud.
- At least 2 years of experience in leading a small team of developers.
- Strong programming experience – Java/J2EE, Python, Perl, shell script, etc
- Experience with search engines, e.g. Elasticsearch, Solr
- Strong experience in MVC, Spring, Hibernate, Microservices, Application/Web Servers.
- Strong understanding/expertise in building REST APIs/ Microservices architecture.
- Data modeling and database design experience including NoSQL DBs – Mongo/Dynamo Helpful
- Experience with GIT Hub, Maven, Gradle, Jenkins, Docker, and other CI/CD Platforms
- Experience in building application for Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Expertise in architectural styles and design patterns
- Expertise in industry best practices in SW development processes: Unit testing, Object-Oriented design, code reviews, etc.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal), with specific experience and demonstrable success with the full software development lifecycle and using the Agile Development processes
- Successful track record as a 'hands-on' technical leader, building and managing teams to a level of top-notch professionals
- Expertise in independently evaluating tools, technology, and framework based on product requirements.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
It is the policy of Clarivate to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Clarivate will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Clarivate™ is a global leader in providing solutions to accelerate the lifecycle of innovation. Our bold mission is to help customers solve some of the world’s most complex problems by providing actionable information and insights that reduce the time from new ideas to life-changing inventions in the areas of science and intellectual property. We help customers discover, protect and commercialize their inventions using our trusted subscription and technology-based solutions coupled with deep domain expertise. For more information, please visit .