Syngenta Group is one of the world’s leading agriculture innovation companies, with roots going back more than 250 years. Its 48,000 people across more than 100 countries strive to transform agriculture through breakthrough products and technologies that play a vital role in enabling the food chain to feed the world safely, sustainably and with respect for our planet. Swiss headquartered and Chinese-owned, the Group draws strength from its four business units – Syngenta Crop Protection headquartered in Switzerland, Syngenta Seeds headquartered in the United States, ADAMA headquartered in Israel, and Syngenta Group China – that provide industry-leading ways to serve customers everywhere
Our employees reflect the diversity of our customers, the markets where we operate and the communities which we serve. We invite you to help us shape the future of agriculture. At Syngenta, we believe every employee has a role to play in safely feeding the world and taking care of our planet.
You will develop new AI (active ingredient), product and solutions for insect control globally.
- Lead the global technical development of new AI’s (where applicable) plus key strategic projects, from early field testing through to product launch and AI lifecycle management, actively looking for new approaches to enhance or re-position a product’s value proposition.
- Plan and coordinate harmonized field trial programs, liaising with research, the regions, and countries - assembling teams to deliver data efficiently and on time.
- Provide technical positioning for AI’s and design and communicate technical strategies for product use and development plans to deliver agreed business objectives.
- Translate data into compelling technical launch plans that meet market/customer needs.
- Lead biology activities within global multi-functional project teams and product leadership teams according to portfolio.
- Foster technical networking, as well as actively seeking contacts with customers and key influencers to develop and support solutions.
- Drive strategic innovation and creativity in projects and solutions, identifying new market opportunities for active ingredients, formulations and use of technology.
- Technically support (where necessary) current and new third party products and be fully involved in the third-party negotiation team in ongoing negotiations to access third party products and the potential co-development of in-house compounds.
- Establish digital solutions that support trialing excellence and value product offers.
- Excellent knowledge of agronomy (farmer practices) and agricultural sciences (e.g. MSc or relevant agronomy experience)
- Excellent working experience in industry in applied entomology
- Understanding of the R&D organization, and key processes involved with development of new AI’s and products
- Experience in launching new products
- Fluency in written and oral English, Spanish is a plus
- Experience in the planning, implementation and management of field trials.
- Experience in data analysis and visualization techniques
- Proven track-record of delivering successful development projects in country/region/global role.
- Globally recognized technical expert in agronomy, field biology and crop protection.
What We Offer
We foster a challenging, dynamic and supportive culture where people can thrive for excellence, build a rewarding career and achieve their full potential. With a diverse team across the globe, we contribute to valuable and impactful work that shapes agriculture of the future. Our team aspire to be the best in the industry.
We offer a variety of financial and non-financial benefits, including:
- Flexible work environment with head office in the city center of Basel
- Annual bonuses
- A competitive pension fund plan
- Preferential conditions with insurance companies
- On campus health, fitness services and canteen
- Family-friendly initiatives
If you are curious about the opportunity and want to be part of our team, send us your application, and join Syngenta
Syngenta is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.