The job family spans across multiple engineering disciplines. Work consists of designing, developing, analyzing, troubleshooting and debugging systems, software and solutions for research and/or research development of product, services, and solutions for company’s portfolio. Requires a broad knowledge and application of engineering disciplines, methodologies and tools.
• Leads multiple project teams of other engineers and internal and outsourced development partners responsible for all stages of development across multiple engineering disciplines for complex products, platforms, systems, software, and technology solutions.
• Manages and expands relationships with internal and outsourced development partners on engineering design and development.
• Reviews and evaluates designs and project activities for compliance with technology and development guidelines and standards; provides tangible feedback to improve product quality.
• Provides domain-specific expertise and overall engineering leadership and perspective to cross- organization projects, programs, and activities
• Drives innovation and integration of new technologies into projects and activities in the engineering design organization.
• Provides guidance and mentoring to less- experienced staff members.
Education and Experience Required:
• Bachelor's or Master's degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or other Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent.
• Typically 6-10 years' experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
• Using and evaluating appropriate engineering design tools and software packages to design components and solutions.
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
• Conducting reviews of material specifications and hardware, software, and electrical component design.
• Evaluating forms of empirical analysis, modeling and testing methodologies to validate product designs and specifications.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English and local language. Ability to effectively communicate product architectures, design proposals and negotiate options at senior management levels.
Senior Technical Marketing Engineer – Data Center and Campus Wired Technologies
The Senior Technical Marketing Engineer (STME) is an important part of the Aruba Networking team and will be a technical expert in Aruba’s campus disciplines taking a solution and architecture approach. This role will focus on Data Center and campus switching and routing technologies and solutions for Enterprise customers. The STME will develop subject matter expertise and operational excellence across the Data Center and campus switching functional areas. The STME will complete hands-on benchmarking and analysis of competitive products in support of sales & partner enablement, technology programs and marketing campaigns. The STME will become a technology evangelist for Aruba's networking solutions, working closely with Aruba’s product line managers and engineering to create reference architectures, review feature definitions, identify issues, and work to enhance and improve Aruba’s products and solutions. The STME will be the go to subject matter expert in their responsibility areas of Aruba Data Center and campus switching products, routing products and networking management and automation products, technologies and solutions.
The most important deliverable for the role will be the translation of technical knowledge into tangible content which clearly expresses the Aruba’s technical value proposition and competitive advantages. This content will include internal and external-facing collateral, application notes, test plans and best practices. The TME will also participate in third-party product testing, deliver content for field training activities and assist with industry trade shows and events.
Education & Training
• Bachelor's degree required or equivalent industry experience
• HPE Certified MASE levels or equivalent
• Cisco Certified CCIE Routing and Switching level or equivalent
Experience & Achievements
• 10+ years hands-on IT and networking experience (ideally in a customer or partner environment as a network operational specialist)
• In-depth knowledge of LAN and WAN technologies and protocols
• Intermediate troubleshooting skills
• Pre-sales product support with advanced network design taking a solutions approach
• Close collaboration with field sales, partners and customers
• Ability to actively participate and contribute in geographically diverse virtual teams
• Support product launch activities and assist with tradeshows, conferences and technical pre-sales activities
• Develop quality technical written content based on current Aruba document templates
• Develop quality technical presentations based on current Aruba document templates
• Develop quality interactive, video and audio content following current Aruba media guidelines
• Articulate in-depth technical topics and be able to adapt content delivery based on the audience and venue
• Prepare technology-specific and vertical-focused training content
• Deliver technology-specific training and vertical solutions training to any audience
• Work with customers, partners and field SAs in a trusted technical expert role
• Provide SWAT team style support with specific customer/partner escalations
• Collaborate with PLM and Engineering on new technology innovations
• Work with the product core teams to influence product direction and quality (MRD, PRD, etc.)
• Strategize with management to help design and drive appropriate technical marketing strategies
• Willing to support business travel
TME Specific Skills
• Support technical launch activities
• Able to manage strategic sales opportunities
• Demo expert in area of expertise
• Participate in panels
• Contribute technical content to reference architectures
• Creates key technical content for consumption outside of Aruba
• Broader industry technical blogging
• Able to clearly communicate to peers and mid-sized audiences
• Excellent command of written English and visual communication, including the ability to construct and tell a powerful story
• Articulate technical concepts and adapt to the audience
• Articulate solutions concepts and adapt to the audience
• Be creative and think about participant interactivity while developing and delivering the content
• Keep a clean and neat appearance and be respectful and truthful while dealing with others
• Understand the strategies of different functional areas within a company
• Learn from past experiences and apply lessons learned
• Initiative to undertake tasks without direct supervision and track and understand your progress
• Self-motivated and ability to work independently managing strategic projects
• Ability to have your peers interpret your messages as intended
• Awareness and understanding of the cultural attributes of diverse teams
• Utilize a combination of processes, tools, techniques, and methods to increase productivity during a task
• Will not overlook what needs to be done and can be depended on to do each task accurately and completely
• Focused on making things happen and removes all obstacles
• Complete fire drill projects within an allotted timeframe
• Solutions design approach and configuration creation
• REST API scripting understanding
• Network performance and troubleshooting testing equipment expertise
• Testing methodology and verification - interpretive and analytical
• Honed problem solving
• Diagnostic analysis