Requisition ID: 259576
Work Area: Information Technology
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Limited Full Time
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
Summary & Role Information
We are looking for an experienced expert (f/m/d) with team lead / project management experience to coordinate our team of subject matter experts for the Netweaver Technical Area.
As Application Owner (f/m/d) you will lead our activities around the Netweaver Technical Area. You will work with a team of technical experts working on increasing the efficiency and quality of Cloud operations for the Netweaver applications. This includes
• Operational Readiness tracking and improving to enable our Service Teams around the globe.
• Driving initiatives to reduce application related outages
• Collaborate with Product Development for roadmap and future updates
• Provide subject matter expertise to Service Areas for product related issues requiring advanced troubleshooting
• Drive standards e.g. regarding configuration, parameters and performance.
• Track Product related issues in cooperations with the HEC Problem Management teams
• Manage release governance, Track End of Life and End of Maintenance events of deployed software versions, prepare response plans, risk letter input etc.
You will also contribute on escalated customer cases and participate in task force activities. For operations cases causing severe customer issues you will also contribute to Problem Management and Root Cause Analysis activities. As part of your job, you will also focus on doing knowledge transfer to the global Operations community and create technical documentation, incl. technical operational concepts, process flows and guidelines.
Experience (Role Requirements)
• Very deep understanding of the SAP Basis systems both on Operation system level as well as inside the SAP system. Including system architecture, software updates/upgrades, performance optimization, system configuration, user management, integration with other business systems, integration with support infrastructure, monitoring etc.
• Cloud Mindset and previous work experience in a Cloud Operations organization running SAP Netweaver based systems on a large scale, preferably previous exposure to SAP HANA Enterprise Cloud or comparable organizations. Experience in ITIL and IT Service Management processes such as Incident Management, Event Management / Monitoring, Change Request Management. Experience in creating and analysing Root Cause Analysis (RCA) reports
• Creating and reviewing technical concepts, being able to summarize technical concepts for wider audiences. Experience in creating decision proposals and high-level business cases. Previous experience in writing technical concepts, such as Knowledge Base Articles, Wiki pages, BLOG entries etc
• Project Management and Product Owner experience preferably in SCRUM based environments.
• Communication with customers on technical and operations topics, ability to handle escalated customer cases
• Collaboration with other units across SAP, incl. other HEC teams, Tool Development, Product Development, Product Support etc.
• Coordinating and motivating team members to achieve optimal results
• Fluency in English and German language
• You should have very good analytical and solution-oriented thinking as well as very good communication, presentation and networking skills. Working effectively in international and virtual teams should be something you are used to do.
About the Team & Line of Business
Within the Product Engineering board area, the mission of the Hana Enterprise Cloud (HEC) Delivery organization is to run and operate SAP’s private cloud offering. Isolated private cloud landscapes are built for customers both in SAP owned datacenter as well as on IaaS infrastructure provided by hyperscalers like Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform or Amazon Web Services (AWS). HEC delivered services include backups, patching, provisioning and upgrades, restore and disaster recovery, infrastructure monitoring and event detection. Services are delivered from all regions (EMEA/MEE/AMER/APJ) having a strong international focus and cultural diversity.
As part of HEC Delivery, the Netweaver and Non-Netweaver Technical Area is supporting our operational teams to reduce outages and operational effort as well as to increase customer satisfaction. The team is the interface to product support and product engineering for various SAP and non-SAP solutions and driving projects such as improving monitoring and tool integration, Admin Access Management, providing guidance on release strategy, extending knowledge transfer into distributed operations teams as well as running various inhouse tools.
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own.
A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now.
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com, EMEA: Careers@sap.com).
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.