Technical Project Manager
Boku was born out of a desire to create a frictionless payment system allowing a mobile phone number to be used as a safe and secure payment instrument. In 2009, we partnered with mobile operators around the world to enable their subscribers to purchase virtual goods simply using their mobile number. Today we are the largest independent carrier billing company in the world. Our platform is already used in all the leading digital marketplaces including Google Play Store, Sony PlayStation Store, Microsoft Windows Store, Facebook App Center, and Spotify.
We're looking for an experienced Technical Project Manager to join our Operator Services team. You’ll be part of an international team that is responsible for all aspects of technical support and plays an important role in our project rollout phases. As a subject matter expert, you’ll handle support requests for our project solutions. You’ll coordinate the technical integration of our APIs into the Carrier’s payment platforms or merchant’s services. You are a self-reliant person, a team-player and a fast learner with problem solving and communication proficiency. You aren’t afraid to get your hands dirty.
The Technical Project Manager owns the technical and operational relationship with mobile carriers and merchants and leads the technical review and integration of carrier billing solution with mobile carriers and merchants. You will work directly with both mobile carriers and merchants on a daily basis to assess their technical capability for a host of carrier billing solutions and integrate these solutions with limited resources and under tight timelines. You will collaborate internally with cross-functional teams, including Business Development, Product Management, Engineering, and Operations in the process.
- Conduct comprehensive gap analysis and solution design with mobile carriers to ensure their carrier billing solution meet the required technical and operational specifications
- Scope and obtain the technical details on integration with mobile carriers
- Onboard and support new merchants (including non-standard project-based integrations)
- Act as internal escalation contact for technical requests from merchants and carriers
- Lead project planning effort in the creation of project plan, tasks, and schedules
- Manage integration projects from initiation to launch, focusing on time and quality
- Maintain effective communication of project updates and issues with mobile carriers and merchants
- Effectively address project change requests and expectation while reducing scope creep
- Organize and facilitate regular project scrum to track project tasks and dependency
- Drive technical issues to resolution with urgency and focus, and serve as an escalation point
- Ability to review technical details with the help of Engineering to analyze and troubleshoot issues
- Is not afraid to lead and negotiate whenever needed
- Analyze and interpret multiple data sources to understands trends and underlying issues.
- Support Business Development in the pre-sales phase with technical inputs as and when required.
- 10-15 years of technical project management or technical pre-sale experience in a technical
capacity required, preferably within mobile or payments industry
- Experience integrating with third party web services across a variety of technologies (e.g. REST, SOAP, etc.)
- Excellent SQL skills
- You have a successful track record in delivering integration projects from concept to launch.
- You have a high degree of technical competency in software development practices, project
management, and the ability to bridge the gap between technology and business needs.
- You are skilled in building and maintaining collaborative relationships with partners and mobile
- You possess strong analytical and quantitative skills in order to gather insights from data to identify underlying issues.
- You thrive in a fast-paced, Scrum/Agile development environment with ability to multi-task and
respond flexibly to change.
- You deal well with ambiguity and changing deadlines while keeping focused on delivering results.
- You are a strong and effective project leader who can prioritize well and communicate effectively.
- You are comfortable getting your hands dirty in day-to-day tasks to get things done. No task is beneath you.
- You are an experienced self-starter with a problem-solving focus, an analytical mindset, and extreme attention to detail.
- BA/BS required, preferably in technology, business, or a related field.
- Proficient in written and spoken English in a business setting.