Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) advances the way people live and work. We bring together curious minds to create breakthrough technology solutions, helping our customers make their mark on the world. Our Communications & Media Solutions (CMS) business brings digital transformation expertise of over 30 years to telecommunications and media companies. We help communication service providers solve their most pressing business problems every day. We are driven to innovate, delivering solid solutions to an industry in constant transformation. We believe in the power of collaboration and building long term relationships with our telecommunication customers and partners. Act – Innovate – Partner are the values we live by.
The 5G Global Technology Center (GTC) is looking for experienced delivery people to join our rapidly growing cutting-edge team to help us fulfill our mission - to secure HPE CMS as the industry leader in 5G by delivering HPE cloud-native 5G and HPE Core Stack solutions effectively and efficiently being the first among our competitors to fully embrace aaS and the CI/CD delivery model and paving the road to Open 5G.
The 5G GTC Solution Architect/Technical Project Manager (SA/TPM) is an essential role in the 5G GTC organization who is responsible for e2e design during the pre-sale and delivery phases. During the bid phase he/she defines the e2e architecture, contributing into the scope of work, helps in filling up the bid documents (HLD, SoC, Project Plan …), closely collaborating with customer (including the Senior Executives), partners and HPE product teams. During the delivery phase 5G GTC SA/TPM is the main contact point for customer from the 5G GTC side, managing the design, delivery milestones, customer relationships and escalations.
- Manages projects delivery: customer-facing 5G delivery projects (HPE prime or Partner prime), PoCs/Demo/Trials delivery projects.
- Owns project architecture and assures technical consistency in delivery.
- Interacts with HPE 5G internal stakeholders: 4G/5G product management (enhancement requests, Customer’s commitment follow-up), 4G/5G R&D, 5G Support, SDM GTC (for delivery of legacy 2/3/4G scope and 4G/5G interworking) and Orchestration GTC (for Service Director delivery and integration).
- Contributes to partners & customers’ relationship with partner manager and local CMS team.
- Supports the region project manager in managing project financials, provides project cost estimates and forecast updates, flags project risks and opportunities, tracks execution within approved budget.
- Identifies and develops upsell opportunities with partners and customers.
- Manages project team member’s activities.
- Mentors and encourages skill development of project team members.
- Provides detail performance review input and development recommendations for team members.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent.
- Minimum 10 years experience in solution architecture design and/or project delivery and/or R&D.
- Previous experience in pre-sales activities (responding to RFPs, performing PoCs, estimating efforts, building quotations and proposals, presenting to customer including Senior Executives).
- Previous experience in the delivery for Tier 1 customers in the role of SA.
- Telecom and networking experience (4G & 5G Mobile Core Networks, 3GPP standards), Cloud native experience (Kubernetes and associated tools, CI/CD, DevOps and Agile methodologies).
- Languages: excellent written and spoken English is a must. Others are a plus.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Technical leadership with the ability to self-manage, direct and mentor technical leadership team, and to enforce technical direction in a matrix environment.
- Excellent customer facing skills, integrity and confidence with good presentation skills; ability to gain trust of clients and act in a mutually beneficial manner.
- Responsible for understanding complex end-to-end systems.
- Proven track record of defining and developing Telco solutions.
- Experience in working with customers and/or partners in both presales and delivery.
- Demonstrates ownership and assumes responsibility to drive resolution of issues.
- Broad understanding of evolving standards and technologies.
- Ability to manage priorities and maintain engagement across a number of projects at various lifecycle phases.
- Knowledge in the following areas: 4G & 5G Mobile Core Networks, 3GPP compliant applications, Networking, Virtualization, NFV, SDN, OpenStack, Analytics.
- Technical skills: Java / J2EE, Kubernetes, Unix/Linux knowledge are a plus.
- Ability to cope with very high peak workloads, short deadlines and significant pressure.
- Highly adaptable to cross-cultural requirements (clients and countries).
- Ability to work in flexible schedule.
- Travel at short notice availability required (up to 50%).
- Significant independent judgement capability to secure project objectives.
- Decision maker.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Excellent verbal and written English language communications skills.
What we can offer you:
Extensive benefits, a competitive salary and participation in the shared values and purpose that make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractive employers! At HPE, our goal is to provide equal opportunities, flexible work-life balance, and constantly evolving career growth.
If you are looking for challenges in an exciting, supportive and international work environment, then we definitely want to hear from you. Continue the conversation by clicking apply now below, or directly via our Careers Portal at www.hpe.com/careers.
Join us and make your mark!
Find out more about us and follow us on:
HPE is an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Veterans/Disabled/LGBT and Affirmative Action employer. We are committed to diversity and building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We do not discriminate and all decisions we make are made on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. Our goal is to be one global diverse team that is representative of our customers, in an inclusive environment where we can continue to innovate and grow together.
HPE is an equal opportunity employer/Female/Minority/Individual with Disabilities/Protected Veteran Status