Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $30 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them. Our global team of more than 80,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.
We are currently recruiting for a field based
Senior Technical Sales Specialist (m/f/d) Cell Sorting
to grow the flow cytometry portfolio for both capital equipment and consumables.
Location: Remote Germany
The position sells the flow cytometry product portfolio, primarily the Cell Sorter but also Flow Analyzers in an assigned geography in accordance with approved sales and marketing plans. The Technical Sales Specialist will comprehend and utilize product features, benefits and applications accompanied with selling and business building skills to successfully promote and consummate the sale of Company products and services to achieve or exceed the assigned territory sales plan.
This individual’s responsibilities will include, but may not be limited to the following specific responsibilities:
- Drive sales activities to close opportunities to meet or exceed revenue goals, profit goals, and market share goals consistently within expense guidelines
- Demonstrate clear product/technology expertise to confidently serve as the field-based expert in flow cytometry
- Visit all customer levels and functional areas, using solution selling techniques within assigned territory to influence purchasing decisions
- Work as a team member with their Protein and Cell Analysis TSS and within the broader EMEA Flow Cytometry for lead generation and closing opportunities
- Demonstrate use of advanced selling skills in the field, such as making good opening statements, connecting with the customer, asking high gain questions, creating the value proposition and closing. Has proven solution and large opportunity selling skills
- Set-up and coordinate technical product presentations by and / or with internal customers such as Research & Development, Marketing, other Sales Specialists and / or Field Application Scientists either on customer site or locally
Experience & Technical Requirements
- Requires a minimum Master’s Degree in Immunology, Cell Biology, Biology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Chemistry or related field; or the equivalent knowledge and industry/functional experience
- Minimum 2 years’ experience running a multi-parameter Cell Sorter
- Excellent technical skill and experience in Flow Cytometry and Antibodies preferred
- Previous sales experience selling flow cytometry instrumentation and/or reagents
- Ability to navigate accounts in broad geography effectively and advance the capital equipment sales process consistently
- Highly proficient sales and organizational skills, ability to manage multiple high value, long sales cycle business opportunities simultaneously
- High motivation and energy level to develop new business
- Communicates effectively, and is the ‘connector’ within the large matrix between customer, field application specialists, commercial sales team, product management, different sales teams, support, service, marketing, executive, and other salient groups to develop business
- Utilize proven organizational skills to successfully manage territory sales activities
- Provide comprehensive information on all activities to Direct Manager, Sales Representatives and District Managers in supported territories
- Field travel as necessary (60% or more)
- Employment with an innovative, future-oriented organisation
- Outstanding career and development prospects
- Company pension scheme and other fringe benefits
- Exciting company culture which stands for integrity, intensity, involvement and innovation
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 80,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or any other legally protected Status.