The main responsibilities of the role will be to:
- Be compliant with company health and safety rules and procedures.
- To work with application team members to develop formulations using T&L ingredients in customer-specific application/process and make the best recommendation or solution to the customer
- To conduct pilot or commercial trials with customer to test the recommendation when required.
- Together with the Manager conduct PUSH projects and support PULL projects from Product Managers, Business Development and ICD by conducting application trials.
- To work closely with TS, Commercial, Marketing, and Business Development to align business goals with application efforts.
- Execute projects in a statistical and scientific manner to assure technical success.
- To write clear and effective laboratory reports for submission and/or recording purposes to ensure technical success.
- To assist in the procurement of equipment by sourcing for suppliers and obtaining quotes.
- To assist in setting up SOP for instruments and equipment.
Perform, Maintain and improve the EHS standard and requirements as set by the Company. Participate in the company’s EHS program including training, audit etc., arranged by the company
COMPETENCIES, SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Knowledgeable in food ingredients functions
- Proficient at creating food formulations recipes.
- Able to trouble shoot complex problems for customers and give effective recommendations
- Highly proficient at operating plant equipment as well as guide and train new users
- Able to modify and create analytical methods, as well as interpret analytical data
- Degree in Food Science
- Min 8 years relevant work experience in food application
- Trained with handling food analytical instruments in the areas of rheology.
- Trained in handling process equipment e.g. various types of cookers, colloid mills, homogenizer, fryers, etc.
- Knowledge and/or experience with food specialty ingredients – sweeteners, fiber, modified starches as well as hydrocolloids is a plus