Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.
Microsoft Technical Specialist Managers build, develop and lead teams of Technical Specialists to identify and win over the technical decision maker in the Business and IT department of our Enterprise Customers. You and your team will drive technical decisions at the customer that helps them achieve Business value with the Microsoft Platform, and thereby secure long-term sustainable growth for Microsoft. As an Technical Specialist Manager, you will be a key leader to helping customers embrace and succeed through digital transformation by leveraging the .
As a Technical Specialist Manager, you will:
Develop and lead a diverse and high performing technical sales team that helps customers make sound technical decisions and maximize the adoption and value of Microsoft solutions
- Attract the best technical sales talents from the market, develop talent, and work with individuals on building a career plan.
- Drive for knowledge of the industry's IT technologies and competitors, and map relevant solutions to industry's, customer's IT and Business trends.
- Build a learning culture in your team to build deep skills on core technologies, broad knowledge of adjacent solutions and professional skills.
- Encourage your team to collaborate on opportunities and consumption projects to maximize the customer value.
Coachfor technical and sales excellence to drive customer success and Microsoft growth
- Your strategic knowledge will lead your team to actively work with customers, to define clear technical decision criteria for all opportunities, to secure customer commitment to Microsoft technology and to develop plans that help customers deploy and consume our products and services.
- Your practical experience will increase deal velocity by assessing the progress of technical engagements at every stage, and by orchestrating your Team, other Microsoft technical resources and Partners on most complex digital transformation deals.
- Coach the team to actively address the technical and architectural issues that block customers' technology decisions and usage.
- Escalate blockers and collaborate creatively with other field leaders, services & partners, as well as corporate business and marketing groups to ensure the technical needs and preferences of customers are heard.
Inspire others to take positive actions by being a technical thought leader and an effective influencer
- You will demonstrate Microsoft's value proposition internally and externally to executives by showcasing our technology innovations and building relationships with and influencing key Technical Decisions Makers e.g. CTOs, CISOs etc..
- Drive cross group experiences that deliver increased sales and consumption.
- Ensure that the team highlights Microsoft's unique value propositions in comparison to top competitors' offerings.
Encourage deep technical community participation and the importance of gathering and sharing customer insight.
- Experienced.5+ years of related experience in technical sales leadership roles and coaching architecture and solution sales is preferred.
- Bold.Strong experience leading and executing on Technology Visions is preferred.
- Influencer.Ability to drive and influence Stakeholder across organizational boundaries through extremely strong negotiation, organizational, presentation, envisioning, writing, and verbal communication skills
- Recruiter.Demonstrated ability to build a healthy pipeline of great technical sales talents
- Coach.Proven experience developing a high-performance team through continuous coaching, and inspiration
- Energy Generator. Able to inspire your team and to build and maintain a high organizational health and satisfaction score
- Performer.Highly driven person who consistently exceeds goals and expectations
- Management and Sales excellence. Solid track record of managing business operations and processes
- Scale engine. Experience leveraging partners and other technical resources is preferred.
Technology Thought Leader
- Passionate for technology. Constant and contagious desire to learn new technologies
- Customer Voice. Ability to identify new technical and business trends and needs, and serves as the customer's voice into Microsoft
- Inspirational.Experience inspiring others through technical leadership, personal influence, and status as a role model based on consultative selling is preferred.
- Role Model.Proven track record in prioritization and orchestration of resources in and for complex customer digital transformation engagements is preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a similar information technology-related discipline, or in Business Administration is preferred.
- Master's degree is preferred.
- Proven track record in either sales, sales management, complex sales training, sales methodologies, broad evangelism through events (presentation skills), and consultative selling is preferred.
- Additional training or education in Enterprise Architecture is preferred.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the .