Liaison between business and digital to develop requirement and manage project to accelerate clinical trial conduct
Responsible for identifying and supporting strategic initiatives within the team to enhance operational efficiencies using systems and system enabled processes.
Be able to bridge gaps between Pfizer and vendor systems for technical and process related projects/tasks and has the ability to easily transition from project to project as needed while maintaining connections to the innovation team and other external groups to Development Operations. The IM works across vendor systems, applications and processes.
Support and maintain all business-related enterprise level activities regarding Pfizer’s use of the Clinical Systems platform and provide subject matter expertise and/or escalation support and guidance to all clinical trial business lines.
This role will directly report to Shanghai – Team Manager, CTS.
Process and Standards
• Actively identify continuous improvement opportunities for the team to enhance operational efficiencies through process and metrics analysis
• Participate in efforts to develop processes, standards and training as they relate to the technology-enabled clinical trial processes
• Promote the use of consistent, efficient, and quality processes to meet timelines and deliverables
• Plan and execute communication plans & methods for engaging customer populations (e.g.,
newsletters, websites, user groups) in coordination with the IM Communication group.
• Interface with customers on solutions, requirements, continuous improvement, deployment change
management, user groups and workshops, etc.
• Understand customers and stakeholders and ensure they are satisfied with support services and
• Build & maintain knowledge-base (e.g., FAQ)
• Collaborates with IM Centralized Services as appropriate
• Communicate key project status and to various levels within the organization
• Implement business strategies and technology-enabled processes and tools in close partnership with appropriate groups
Provide expertise in technology and process being utilized within the strategic partnership.
Demonstrate the ability to follow information flow between vendor and Pfizer systems.
Actively identify and bridge gaps between Pfizer and Partner systems for technical and process related issue management.
Easily transition from project to project as needed while maintaining connections to the innovative team and other external groups to Development Operations.
Collaborate with business process owners and information technology, as appropriate, to support potential changes or improvements related to systems and processes.
Be able to resolve conflicts, influence and communicate with key stakeholders and user groups.
Support rapid response, audit and inspection needs.
Work proactively with Training representatives to develop training strategy including recommending curricula assignments, materials development and communications required to support the roll out of revised processes.
Technical Skill Requirements
Familiar with technical solutions used in clinical trials is a plus
Can communicate with technical team accurately
Master a coding language is a plus
Resources Managed (budget and FTEs)
No direct reports - this role is an individual contributor role.
Minimum of Bachelor's Degree in communication related major, or life sciences, information management/technology. MS Computer Science.
Demonstrated in depth knowledge of Pharmaceutical drug development environment and regulations.
Ability to interact in a professional manner and build strong collaborative relationships with internal Pfizer teams.
Ability to interface with international colleagues, understand the “big picture” in terms of potential implications of changes to systems and processes to sites and/or affiliates outside of home country/region
Strong demonstrated project management and understanding of technical capabilities
Strong verbal, written communication and presentation skills in English and Chinese.
Functional / Technical Skills
Understanding concepts of information management
Demonstrates Business Acumen
Knows how a global corporation works; knowledgeable in policies, practices, trends and functions affecting Pfizer, the competitive dynamics of our industry, and how the marketplace is transforming.
Makes good decisions in a timely manner based on analysis, experience, and judgment, even with incomplete information or under time pressure.
Takes personal responsibility for own work, pushes self and others to exceed goals and deliver results.
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.