The Global Service Desk Tier II Analyst based in Galway, Ireland is bilingual (English / German) and responsible for providing basic and advanced service desk functions to our clients businesses globally. The responsibilities of the role will include troubleshooting hardware, software, networking and other computer related issues, mobile device support, application account creations, ticketing and metric tracking. The role holder will open; track and close service desk tickets, and effectively manage status updates and requests, while reporting back to the customer. The position requires ability to work a flexible shift, which may include evenings and/or weekends. Under direct supervision, the role holder will develop, test, implement and support various customer support services, programs and technologies.
This job function has accountability for complying with the applicable elements of the Global Quality Framework and the Corporate Quality Management System (QMS).
Responsibilities and Duties
- Troubleshoot hardware (company issued equipment), software, networking, remote access & terminal server connectivity issues in addition to providing mobile devices support for all Abbott Rapid Diagnostic employees and any third party consultants
- Client account creations, password control, right issuance via AD groups and internally used company application account creations
- Assist with quality assurance and collaborate with other departments
- Manage (open, assign, update, resolve, close) tickets in the current service desk system and ensure timely resolution of issues or escalation to proper group for additional support while reporting back to the customer
- Research, resolve and respond to incoming questions in a timely manner specified within the service level agreement
- Provide escalated support for enterprise applications and network related issues
- Escalate and Dispatch problems to support personnel when appropriate via documented escalation procedures
- Assist in the delivery of training programs in collaboration with Application and Network Technologies
- Assist in the development of documentation, including appropriate policies and procedures for training and support programs
- Assist in the assessment, determination and documentation of customer requirements for services provided by Information Technology Support Services
- Provide remote telephone support
- Abide by all GIS Policies and Procedures pertaining to security of data, the network and its applications, proper account access and management, and general Standard Operating Procedures
- Undertake any other duties reasonably requested to meet business needs
- Fluency in German essential
- A degree or equivalent qualification in Computer Science or related discipline; or relevant work experience
- Significant experience of providing customer service, service desk, computer training and PC / desktop support in a high output, dynamic environment
- Understanding of the following technologies:
- Active Directory user functions (ADS and Exchange).
- Windows Operating Systems (XP, 7, 10, Server 2003/2008/2012)
- Microsoft Office software (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Skype for Business)
- Knowledge of anti-virus / anti-malware programs
- Wireless technology
- Previous experience supporting personal computers on Windows XP, Windows 7 and Windows 10
- Workstation operating systems in a networked environment
- Experience troubleshooting computer hardware, software or network
- SOX compliance knowledge
- ITIL framework knowledge
- Support bespoke/in-house software systems
- ServiceNow knowledge
For a c opy of the full job description, please contact Paraic Callinan on 091507512 or email and updated Cv to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more roles, please see www.cpljobs.ie
Apply for this job
I have read and understand the Cpl
CV sent successfully Thank You
Email address We'll never share your email with anyone else.
Confirm Email address We'll never share your email with anyone else.
According to the art. 24 paragraph 1 of the Act of August 29, 1997 on the Protection of Personal Data (Dz. U. of 2015. Item. 2135 with changes.) Please be informed that the data controller of your personal data is CPL JOBS Sp. z o.o., Al. Jerozolimskie 81, 02-001 Warsaw. Personal data will be processed in order to conduct and administer the recruitment processes, in particular in connection with the searching applicable job offers and their presentation to address your needs, as well as the archiving and use of personal data in future recruitment processes. Personal data can be disclosed to entities authorized by law and - in case of your consent – to potential employers. You have the right of access to your data and the right to rectify these data."
I have read and understand the Cpl
Upload CV (supported file types docx, .pdf, .doc, .gif, .png, .jpg)
File type not Supported
hsperfdata_recruit_net Select File