VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 350,000 enterprise and SMB customers to thrive in the Cloud Era/ A pioneer in the use of virtualization and policy-driven automation technologies, VMware simplifies IT complexity across the entire data center to the virtual workplace, empowering customers with solutions in the software-defined data center to hybrid cloud computing and the mobile workspace.
Our team of 30,000+ people working in 50+ locations worldwide is committed to building a community where phenomenal people want to work long term by living our values of passion, innovation, execution, collaboration, active learning and giving back. If you are ready to accelerate, innovate and lead, join us as we challenge constraints and problem tackle for tomorrow today. Learn more at [...] you ready to join this fast-growing team?
Job Description -
As Supervisor, Technical Support, you will have the responsibility to work with the leadership team in the design and implementation of the mission, strategy and tactics of the CPBU GSS team. You will also be responsible to liaise with our customers (global), executives and internal VMware teams to drive successful delivery of the program. The responsibilities will also include the general management of one or more technical support teams. You will also be responsible for several ongoing programs/projects and initiatives within the greater organization. A large component of the position will require a focus on making VMware a great place to work.
* Effective management of Support staff, including oversight of functional activities that contribute significantly to the overall image and quality of a premier services organization
* Work with key stakeholders in the company including Engineering, Product Management, Sales, Professional Services and IT to drive end-to-end process improvement to introduce automation, integration, and new services/processes.
* Build and maintain strong relationships with VMware’s customers and account teams. Oversees critical case escalation and problem resolution for key accounts
* Improve overall customer satisfaction with VMware’s support delivery services, through rapid, high quality response and resolution for outstanding support issues to retain the customers
* Design, develop, and implement processes, systems, and technology to support and enhance the technical support function, including workflow and incident management
* Develop and implement practices that measure the effectiveness and performance of the Technical Support Function
* Work with senior technical engineers, build overall development plans for succession and readiness towards upcoming technologies
* Lead and/or being involved in Global Strategic Initiatives
This opportunity demands working in Americas PST hours covering GSS CPBU business. Candidates comfortable working in Americas PST hours for extended period should only apply.
* 10+ years of experience in the software industry with a minimum of 3 years in technical support as a manager including people management
* Ability to work in 24x7 environment including weekends
* Ability to effectively work from home during pandemic time (aligned to company guidelines)
* Ability to work from office during normal business conditions is essential
* A proven ability to innovate, adapt and execute in a dynamic environment
* Ability to interact and communicate with senior leadership at all levels
* Ability to manage customer escalations and field engagements
* Exceptional leadership and problem-solving skills
* BS/BA degree or equivalent technical experience, MBA a significant plus
* Background in the development and management of remote support groups, international support groups, and 24x7 support operations
* Extensive expertise in developing metrics to measure the effectiveness of technical support within the organization
* Experience in both small and large companies is highly desirable
* Familiarity with systems operations and management environments within large enterprise customers and/or service providers is desirable
* Good communications and interpersonal skills
* Track record of accomplishment and effectiveness within organizations
* Familiarity with CRM or incident tracking and management systems
* Proven ability to maintain constant communication of all types within the support teams and cross-functional groups. Track record of accomplishment and effectiveness between cross-functional organizations.
* Availability after hours as needed for critical situations, on call and global stakeholder interaction
Category : Client Support
Subcategory: Technical Support
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-02-19