NCR Corporation (NYSE: NCR) is a leading software- and services-led enterprise provider in the financial, retail and hospitality industries. NCR is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, with 36,000 employees globally. NCR is a trademark of NCR Corporation in the United States and other countries.
Technical Support Specialist
LOCATION: Cebu, Philippines
The Technical Support Specialist works in high call/ticket volume Helpdesk environment supporting NCR's customers (both internal and external) and their analysts in providing problem resolution for NCR products and services.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Primary role is to coordinate and provide services in a profitable environment that supports our values and the business as a whole
- Isolate problems and create resolution plans
- Log problem resolution- maintains databases
- Support the resolution of known software problems to be fixed in later releases
- Prepares standard reports to ensure Service Level Agreement is represented accurately
- Position will project manage the resources necessary and/or provide the additional technical/functional knowledge necessary to resolve customer's (both internal and external) issues
- Works directly with the customer or Customer Engineers to understand the problem, and retrieve complex known solutions using available systems, tools, and resources to resolve the customer's problems; Responsible for developing or collaborating with a Solution Engineer to develop the problem isolation, solution creation, and solution implementation plan defined by the Incident Management Process (IMP) to help resolve the customer's problem
- Performs additional troubleshooting activities, escalates problems to the appropriate party(s), and assists in communicating the solution to the customer;
- Number and type of systems and customers supported will be dependent on the candidate's technology, product, and project management skills
- Develop understanding of NCR systems, operations & policies that are used to resolve customer problems
- Technical Support experience preferred
- Good communication skills
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Able to work under pressure and with minimum supervision
- Ability to work a flexible schedule (evenings/weekends)
Offers of employment are conditional upon passage of screening criteria applicable to the job.
Integrated into our shared values is NCR's commitment to diversity and equal employment opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, age, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, military service, genetic information, or any other characteristic or conduct protected by law. NCR is committed to being a globally inclusive company where all people are treated fairly, recognized for their individuality, promoted based on performance and encouraged to strive to reach their full potential. We believe in understanding and respecting differences among all people. Every individual at NCR has an ongoing responsibility to respect and support a globally diverse environment.
Statement to Third Party Agencies
To ALL recruitment agencies: NCR only accepts resumes from agencies on the NCR preferred supplier list. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, NCR employees, or any NCR facility. NCR is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.